Genuine VW/Audi Brake Caliper; Front Left | 4N0615107AG
Make Sure It Fits
Brake calipers are the hydraulic clamps that create the friction needed to slow and stop Audi models equipped with disc brakes. They function by using hydraulic fluid to force pistons inside the caliper to press brake pads on both sides of the brake rotor. The friction created by the brake pads pressing against the rotor slows the rotation of the rotor until it eventually stops turning. Every time you press on the brake pedal, hydraulic fluid is sent to the brake calipers for them to engage the pads.
Brake calipers are machined parts and are designed for the life of your Audi. However, they do have seals and boots that can wear out and moisture can cause the calipers, caliper pistons, and brake bleeder screws to rust.Replacing Your Audi Brake Calipers
- Replacing brake calipers requires the caliper to be disconnected from the brake hydraulic line and unbolted from the steering knuckle or wheel spindle.
- Before bolting on a new brake caliper, it should be fitted with new brake pads and the brake rotor should be replaced.
- Once the new brake caliper is bolted on the steering knuckle or wheel spindle and the brake hydraulic line is reconnected, the brake caliper and other calipers on the vehicle must be bled to remove all air from the brake hydraulic system.
- The brake calipers can be bled by pumping the brake pedal and holding it pressed then loosening the bleeder screw on the caliper.
- Once the bleeder screw is loosened, air will be forced out of the caliper being replaced by brake fluid and the brake pedal will drop to the floor.
- Before releasing the brake pedal the bleeder screw must be tightened to prevent air from entering back into the caliper when the pedal is released.
- This process must be repeated until no air comes out of the caliper and then repeated for each caliper to remove all air from the brake hydraulic system.
View more Audi Brake Calipers.
Why Buy OEM & Genuine Replacement Auto Parts from AutohausAZ?
Auto parts at wholesale prices is what you will find at AutohausAZ. Have you been searching the web for auto parts for your vehicle? You have come to the right place! Here at Autohaus, we strive to offer low prices on quality replacement parts and providing first rate customer service.
Flat-Rate Standard Shipping
AutohausAZ offers discounted flat-rate Standard shipping on any auto parts orders shipped within the Continental USA.Learn More About Our Shipping
EZ Parts Returns
Your auto parts purchases are protected by AutohausAZ's customer-friendly returns policy.Learn More About Our Returns Policy
3-Years/36-Months Auto Parts Warranty
AutohausAZ offers industry-leading 3-years/36-months warranty on all auto parts purchases.Learn More About Our Warranty
Faster One-Page Checkout
We streamlined our checkout process to get your order on the way faster.Learn More About Our Checkout Process
Discounted International Shipping
AutohausAZ offers 65% discount on UPS shipping options for our international customers.Learn More About Our International Shipping
Customers Love Us
Check out what customers have to say about AutohausAZ on Google.Read Our Reviews on Google
What This Genuine VW/Audi Brake Caliper Fits?
Application information below is for reference only and should not be used to determine the exact vehicle fitment. Please use the "Make Sure It Fits" vehicle selection box above to determine the exact fitment and review any application notes. If you need any help determining if this part works with your vehicle, please don't hesitate to contact us.