AutohausAZ Returns and Warranties
Starting Oct 7th, 2020, a "new" part return has to be requested within 30 days of order placement. A part from order placed prior to October 7th, 2020 is still eligible to be returned as "new" within 45 days of order placement. Please consult our "new" part return policy guidelines below to make sure your part is eligible for a return.
All parts are covered by their respective manufacturer's warranties. Although most warranties are for 3 years, some manufacturers offer even longer coverage. Most parts manufacturers specify their warranty policies on product insert sheets so read this information carefully when you receive your parts and check for any limitations that may apply. Most manufacturers extend the warranty only to the original purchaser of the part and require proof of purchase when submitting a warranty claim. Most importantly, don't forget to file the necessary warranty registration form to protect your rights. AutohausAZ warrants that at the time of shipment the products sold shall be free from defects in material and workmanship.Autohaus Arizona's maximum liability shall not in any case exceed the purchase price (excluding shipping charges) for the products purchased from AutohausAZ and claimed to be defective. No labor reimbursement will be granted. AutohausAZ agrees to furnish a replacement for, but not remove or install any product or component thereof, which, upon test and examination by AutohausAZ or its authorized agents, proves defective within the warranty period. AutohausAZ will not be liable for any loss, incidental or consequential damages of any kind, whether based upon warranty, contract or negligence, and arising in connection with the sale, use or repair of the products. This warranty does not under any circumstances extend to any product sold by AutohausAZ which has been subjected to misuse, neglect, accident, improper installation or use for any purpose other than its intended use. This warranty does not extend to or apply to any unit which has been repaired or altered.
If you have parts you want to return simply follow our easy return process by selecting the relevant order and then the parts you wish to return. You can begin by selecting the order from the orders page.
We offer 3 ways to return any items purchased at AutohausAZ - FedEx dropoff, self-ship, and AutohausAZ drop off. FedEx dropoff option will include a label from AutohausAZ that you can put on boxed return items to ship back. Self-ship is for those who want to ship it themselves. We also offer local customers the option of dropping off items at AutohausAZ. Depending on the return type, any return shipping costs may be deducted from the refund.
Once we've received your return, conducted an inspection of the returned parts and verified that your return complies with our return policies, a refund for the returned parts will be issued to the same account used to make your original purchase. Sorry, we cannot issue credit to an alternate payment method nor to a different credit/debit card than the one used for the original purchase.
You will receive a confirmation email from us indicating the amount refunded back to you. Please note that credit on your credit card statement may not appear immediately, depending upon the policies of your credit card issuer.
Free and Discounted Shipping: We offer free shipping on returns that are AutohausAZ errors and offer discounted rates for those that do not qualify for free shipping. Additionally, we've eliminated all restocking fees.
International Returns: All packages being returned to AutohausAZ from outside the USA must be marked on the OUTSIDE of the box as "Return of Merchandise" to avoid additional taxes, customs/duties and brokerage fees being assessed. Any paperwork filled out for shipment should also indicate that it's a return of merchandise previously purchased and the date of the original purchase so there's no confusion that it's a return of merchandise on which customs/duties have already been assessed and paid.
Any international returns not identified as "Returned Merchandise" on the outside of the package will be subject to a reduction of credit or chargeback to the customer of any taxes, customs/duties and brokerage fees assessed to AutohausAZ. Because these fees take a few weeks to receive from the various taxing authorities, credit for international returns will be processed 21 days from the date received by AutohausAZ to allow time for any fees of this nature to be received.
You may request a replacement shipment or a refund of your purchase price (excluding shipping charges) if the part:
- Is returned within 30 days of the original invoice date.
- Is not electrical/electronic in nature (i.e., ECUs, push button units, relays, air mass meters, sensors, scan/reset tools, etc.).
- Is not opened if the part is marked with a sticker indicating non-returnable once opened (i.e., gasket sets, repair manuals, etc.).
- Is not a "special order item".
- Does not have a notation in the parts notes/description indicating not returnable (i.e., throttle housings, etc.) since our suppliers do not allow returns on certain types of parts where this notation appears. Please review notes carefully during the order process so no misunderstandings occur.
- Has not been installed, used, disassembled or altered in any way.
- Does not have missing parts, hardware or instructions. If part is sold as a set, the complete set must be returned.
- Is returned in the original packaging and is in resalable condition.
In general and unless otherwise specified, a part will be replaced or a refund issued (excluding shipping charges) if the part:
- Is returned within 3 years of the original invoice date (unless a different warranty period is specified).
- Has not been subjected to misuse, neglect, accident, improper installation or used for any purpose other than its intended use. Wear and tear is specifically excluded from any and all warranty coverage.
- Is approved by manufacturer upon inspection and subject to its guidelines and limitations.
- Is emptied of all fluids (if applicable).
- Has not previously been returned under warranty.
- Is accompanied by a description of the failure/reason for warranty. Please review special documentation requirements below provided by our manufacturers for warranty returns - certain types of warranties require additional documentation.
Documentation Requirements: All manufacturers require a complete description of the failure in order for warranty coverage to apply. Simply putting "doesn't work" is not acceptable to most manufacturers. Please provide a complete description of the failure when you request an RA#.
Limitations on warranty replacements exist on certain types of parts including but not limited to:
- A/C Compressors: Warranty replacement on A/C compressors will only be granted with proof of professional installation (i.e., copy of completed work order from licensed/certified repair shop). Further, compressors must be returned fully assembled. If the compressor came to you with a shipping plate, this plate must be attached to the compressor when returned.
- Power Steering Pumps & Rack Assemblies: Warranty replacement on power steering pumps and rack assemblies will only be granted with proof of professional installation (i.e., copy of completed work order from licensed/certified repair shop). Further, they must be returned fully assembled and with shipping plate attached (if applicable).
- Brake Pads & Rotors: Squealing/squeaking of pads and/or warping of rotors are not valid warranty claims unless:
All vehicle and brake component manufacturers' installation procedures were
The problem began IMMEDIATELY upon installation and problem is reported and
parts returned WITHIN 1 year of original invoice date. Any brake noise or
warpage that begins more than 30 days after purchase is the result of driving
conditions, driving style or related parts that were not replaced at the same
Brake pads and rotors were replaced at the same time.
No blue discoloration is present on brake rotors. Blue discoloration on a brake
rotor is always the result of extreme heat caused by excessive brake
pad-to-brake rotor contact.
- Genuine Parts: Due to more stringent manufacturers' warranty policies, warranty claims for all GENUINE brands of original factory equipment must include VIN, original install date & mileage at install, as well as date & mileage at warranty failure/replacement. Warranty replacement will only be granted with proof of professional installation (i.e., copy of complete work order from a licensed/certified repair shop). These requirements are mandated by the respective dealerships/manufacturers and our outside of our control.
- Remanufactured/Coreable Items: Warranty coverage on remanufactured parts with core charges (i.e., starters, alternators, power steering pumps, etc.) is for replacement only. No refund or return of core unit can be processed after the original core has been returned for credit.
Although all of the parts AutohausAZ sells are new, certain types of auto parts - usually higher priced items - are only available in the industry as "remanufactured" units (i.e., starters, alternators, distributors, etc.). Cores are the used parts that may be returned for credit when purchasing a remanufactured part.
If a core deposit is shown, this charge will be added to your total at the time of sale but is fully refunded upon the return of your rebuildable original part.
Credit will be issued for core returns upon receipt, provided cores are:
- Received within 1 year of the original invoice date. No core deposits will be refunded for cores returned more than 1 year after the original invoice date.
- Drained of all fluids (if applicable).
- Packed in original remanufacturer's box (the box the replacement part was originally packed in). No core credit will be issued if not returned in the remanufacturer's box.
- Fully assembled, complete and in rebuildable condition based on manufacturer's inspection guidelines. Examples include but are not limited to:
- A/C compressors that come with shipping plate must have the plate attached to the core when returned.
- A/C compressor clutch on core unit must be able to turn.
- Power steering pumps or rack assemblies must be returned fully assembled and sufficiently packed to avoid shipping damages. Power steering pumps that come with the shipping plate must have the plate attached to the core when returned.
- Brake shoe cores must not be worn down to metal.
Core Return Shipping Charges: Core return shipping charges are always the responsibility of the customer and are not refundable.
For your protection, please inspect your package before signing for it and have the driver make note of any damage. If your order is damaged during shipping, please immediately Email the Returns Dept so we can promptly file a damage claim with the carrier. All original shipping cartons and packing materials must be saved for inspection by the carrier. Discarding any of the original shipping/packing material will negate our ability to file a damaged package claim on your behalf with the carrier.
Replacement orders shipped prior to completion of the carrier's investigation must be paid for in advance. However, upon completion of the investigation, a refund will be promptly issued. If lost parts are found and delivered, a refund will be issued once they are returned to us.
If you would rather not pay for a replacement prior to the completion of the investigation, we can delay shipping your no-cost replacement, or issuing a refund, until the investigation is complete (or the parts have been found and returned to us).