Porsche Engine Oil Parts
Showing 20 out of 55 part(s) found in our catalog.
Mon-Fri 8-4 MST/PST (Arizona Time)
Porsche engine oil typically cost between $11.79 and $163.99.
Porsche engine oil is a specially formulated oil that is designed to meet the unique requirements of Porsche engines. It is important because it provides lubrication, cooling, and cleaning to the engine components, ensuring that they operate smoothly and efficiently. Choosing the right oil for a Porsche is crucial to maintaining the long-term health and performance of the engine. Porsche engine oil must be regularly changed to keep the engine clean and free from harmful contaminants that can cause damage over time. Maintaining the proper oil level and quality can also help improve fuel efficiency and reduce emissions.
7 Signs Your Porsche Needs an Oil Change
- Dark, dirty, or gritty oil: If you check the engine oil and it's dark brown or black, has debris or particles, or feels gritty to the touch, it's a clear sign that the oil has reached the end of its life and it's time for an oil change.
- Low oil level: If the oil level is below the recommended level, it's likely that your Porsche is burning oil, leaking oil or due for an oil change.
- Engine warning light: If the oil pressure warning light comes on, it’s an indicator that the oil pressure is low and you need to stop driving the vehicle immediately to avoid engine damage.
- Engine noise: If you hear a ticking or knocking sound coming from the engine, it could be a sign that the oil is low or old.
- Reduced engine performance: If your Porsche isn't accelerating smoothly, or there is a loss of power when driving on the highway, it could be due to a lack of lubrication from the oil.
- Exhaust smoke: If thick blue smoke comes out of the tailpipe, it could be a sign that your Porsche is burning oil, which occurs when there isn’t enough oil in the engine.
- Overdue for an oil change: If you can't remember when was the last time you had an oil change, it's recommended to refer to your owner's manual and get it done to ensure proper engine performance.
In conclusion, regular oil changes are essential to keep your Porsche running smoothly and avoiding costly repairs. It's recommended to follow the manufacturer's recommendations regarding oil change intervals for your specific car.
How to Change Engine Oil In Your Porsche?
- Gather the necessary materials: You will need a new oil filter, the recommended type and amount of oil, a drain pan, and an oil filter wrench.
- Locate the drain plug: The drain plug on a Porsche is usually located on the underside of the engine. You may need to raise the car using a jack or ramp to access it.
- Drain the old oil: Place the drain pan underneath the drain plug and use the wrench to remove the drain plug. Allow all of the oil to drain out into the pan.
- Remove the old oil filter: Use the oil filter wrench to remove the old oil filter. Be sure to have the drain pan underneath to catch any additional oil that may spill out.
- Install the new oil filter: Dip your finger into the new oil and run it around the seal of the new oil filter. This will help create a better seal. Install the new oil filter in its place.
- Add new oil: Refer to the owner's manual to determine the recommended type and amount of oil for your Porsche. Remove the oil filler cap and add the new oil through the opening. Replace the cap when finished.
- Check the oil level: Start the engine and let it run for a few minutes. Turn the engine off and wait a few minutes to allow the oil to settle. Check the oil level with the dipstick and add more if necessary.
- Dispose of the old oil: Take the old oil to a recycling center or auto parts store that accepts used oil for disposal.
Keep in mind that it is important to follow the specific steps and recommendations for your particular model of Porsche, as the process may differ slightly. It is also recommended to change the oil filter with every oil change to ensure optimal engine performance.
Porsche Factory Engine Oil Specifications
Porsche sets high standards when it comes to the engine oil used in its vehicles. Here are the key engine oil specification standards for Porsche:
- ACEA A3/B4: This standard is a European specification that requires the oil to meet certain performance standards such as wear protection, soot control, and compatibility with emission control devices.
- API SN: The API (American Petroleum Institute) has set different specifications for gasoline and diesel engines. For gasoline engines, the current standard is SN, which requires oils to have improved high-temperature deposit protection, sludge control, and wear protection.
- Porsche A40: This is Porsche's own specification for engine oil. It requires the oil to meet specific performance criteria, such as fuel economy, engine cleanliness, and wear protection. It also stipulates that the oil should be compatible with Porsche's advanced emission control systems.
- VW 502.00/505.00 or VW 504.00/507.00: Since Porsche is owned by Volkswagen, many Porsche models share the same engines as some VW models. These VW standards require the oil to meet certain specifications such as engine cleanliness, wear protection, and compatibility with fuel-saving technologies.
It's important to note that Porsche only recommends using engine oils that meet these specifications. Using an oil that does not meet the strict requirements of Porsche can lead to reduced engine performance, increased engine wear, and even engine damage. Therefore, it's vital to follow the manufacturer's recommendations when selecting engine oil for your Porsche.
At AutohausAZ, our customers can expect to find a wide selection of Porsche engine oil products that are designed to meet the specifications of their vehicles. Our experts have carefully curated our inventory to ensure that we carry only the highest quality oils from reputable manufacturers.
One advantage of shopping at AutohausAZ is our commitment to providing excellent customer service. Our knowledgeable staff is available to answer any questions you may have about our products or help you find the right oil for your Porsche. We strive to make your shopping experience as easy and enjoyable as possible.
Another benefit of shopping with us is our competitive pricing. We offer affordable prices on all of our Porsche engine oils without sacrificing quality. Our goal is to provide our customers with exceptional products at a price that they can afford.
Finally, when you shop at AutohausAZ, you can be confident that you are receiving genuine Porsche engine oil products. We only source our oils from reputable manufacturers and ensure that they meet the stringent standards set by Porsche. This means that you can trust our oils to provide the performance and protection that your Porsche needs.
Overall, shopping at AutohausAZ for Porsche engine oil provides many advantages, from our excellent customer service and competitive pricing to our commitment to quality and authenticity.