Genuine VW/Audi Glow Plug | N10140104
Make Sure It Fits
Glow plugs are heating elements used to warm the cylinders of diesel engines to a temperature that allows the diesel fuel/air mixture in the cylinder to auto ignite under compression. When diesel engines are cold and when the ignition switches to the on position, the glow plugs will turn on to warm up the cylinders for the engine to start. On older diesel engines this process can take up to 20 seconds whereas in newer diesel engines, the glow plugs can warm up the cylinders in 6 to 8 seconds.
Like spark plugs, glow plugs need to be replaced regularly, but only about every 100,000 miles. However, glow plugs can fail prematurely and have to be replaced sooner than 100,000 miles. A bad glow plug relay can cause the glow plugs to stay on after the engine starts. A diesel engine running cold can cause the glow plugs to stay on too long which can cause the glow plug tips to overheat, become brittle, wear holes in the tip, and cause it to bend.Signs of Faulty Glow Plugs
- An engine warning light
- Hard starting
- Rough running engine due to a misfire
- Poor fuel economy
- White or black smoke continuously coming from the exhaust
Replacing Your VW Glow Plugs
Glow plug replacement is fairly simple but requires additional inspections during the process. If replacing the glow plugs simply due to mileage, removing the glow plug wires and unscrewing the glow plugs to replace them is the basic process. However, it is critical to inspect the glow plugs you are replacing for fuel and any signs of excessive wear on the glow plug tips to make sure you don’t have any injection problems that may cause the new glow plugs to fail.
It is recommended to replace the glow plug relay along with the glow plugs to prevent premature failure of the glow plugs due to the relay going bad. Furthermore, if one glow plug has failed, it is recommended to replace all glow plugs at the same time to ensure the longevity of all the glow plugs.
View more VW Glow Plugs.
Frequently Viewed Together
We found 10 additional part(s) that are frequently viewed together.
- 0250201036 OEMFor models with glow plug pre-heater. Please verify size of original...$14.59Reg$15.20List$29.95038121011A OEMFor TDi models with ALH engine. 1 per car.$37.99Reg$39.57List$238.00
- 1 kit per car.$196.99Reg$205.20List$292.89Only for models with 23mm stabilizer bar, please verify size prior...$3.19Reg$3.32List$6.20
- Only for models with 19mm stabilizer bar, please verify size prior...$1.29Reg$1.34List$2.15Only for models with 21mm stabilizer bar, please verify size prior...$3.19Reg$3.32List$19.38
- Please verify all 4 glow plugs are the same size prior to ordering.$10.39Reg$10.82List$39.20Sold by the meter.$12.49Reg$13.01List$10.55
- MK4STEERKIT KIT FREE SHIPPINGThis kit contains both left and right OEM tie rod assemblies plus...$73.36Reg$76.42List$318.54Mahle Original CareMetix cabin air filters utilize five layers of...$18.69Reg$19.47List$25.20
Why Buy OEM & Genuine Replacement Auto Parts from AutohausAZ?
Auto parts at wholesale prices is what you will find at AutohausAZ. Have you been searching the web for auto parts for your vehicle? You have come to the right place! Here at Autohaus, we strive to offer low prices on quality replacement parts and providing first rate customer service.
Flat-Rate Standard Shipping
AutohausAZ offers discounted flat-rate Standard shipping on any auto parts orders shipped within the Continental USA.Learn More About Our Shipping
EZ Parts Returns
Your auto parts purchases are protected by AutohausAZ's customer-friendly returns policy.Learn More About Our Returns Policy
3-Years/36-Months Auto Parts Warranty
AutohausAZ offers industry-leading 3-years/36-months warranty on all auto parts purchases.Learn More About Our Warranty
Faster One-Page Checkout
We streamlined our checkout process to get your order on the way faster.Learn More About Our Checkout Process
Discounted International Shipping
AutohausAZ offers 65% discount on UPS shipping options for our international customers.Learn More About Our International Shipping
Customers Love Us
Check out what customers have to say about AutohausAZ on Google.Read Our Reviews on Google
What This Genuine VW/Audi Glow Plug Fits?
Application information below is for reference only and should not be used to determine the exact vehicle fitment. Please use the "Make Sure It Fits" vehicle selection box above to determine the exact fitment and review any application notes. If you need any help determining if this part works with your vehicle, please don't hesitate to contact us.