Volvo 240 Head Gasket Parts
Showing 4 out of 4 part(s) found in our catalog.
Select category below to view parts.
Mon-Fri 8-4 MST/PST (Arizona Time)
The average price of a Volvo 240 head gasket is between $15.09 and $47.99.
The Volvo 240 head gasket is a crucial component of the engine's cylinder head. It is positioned between the engine block and the cylinder head, sealing the combustion chamber and ensuring that oil and coolant do not mix. This gasket acts as a barrier, preventing any leaks between these two components. If there is a failure in the head gasket, it can lead to various issues like coolant leakage, overheating, loss of compression, or even engine damage.
Signs of a Blown Volvo 240 Head Gasket
The most common signs of a blown Volvo 240 head gasket include:
- Overheating: If your Volvo 240 is constantly running hot or frequently overheating, it could be a sign of a blown head gasket.
- White or gray exhaust smoke: A blown head gasket can allow coolant to mix with the combustion gases, resulting in white or gray smoke coming from the exhaust.
- Coolant loss: You may notice your coolant level dropping without any visible leaks, indicating a possible head gasket issue.
- Milky oil: If coolant is leaking into the engine oil due to a blown head gasket, the oil may appear milky or frothy.
- Combustion gas bubbles in the radiator or coolant reservoir: When combustion gases find their way into the cooling system due to a blown head gasket, you might notice bubbles in the radiator or coolant overflow reservoir.
- Poor engine performance: A head gasket leak can cause a decrease in engine power, misfires, or rough idling.
- Pressurized cooling system: If the head gasket fails, it can lead to increased pressure in the cooling system, often resulting in coolant overflow or leaks.
- Loss of compression: A blown head gasket can cause loss of compression in one or more cylinders, leading to reduced engine performance.
- External coolant leaks: In some cases, a blown head gasket may cause coolant to leak externally, resulting in puddles or visible leaks.
If you suspect a blown head gasket in your Volvo 240, it's important to have it inspected and repaired by a qualified mechanic to prevent further engine damage.
Typical Lifespan of a Volvo 240 Head Gasket
The longevity of a Volvo 240 head gasket can vary depending on various factors such as maintenance, driving conditions, and overall wear and tear. On average, a well-maintained head gasket can last anywhere from 100,000 to 200,000 miles. However, it is important to regularly monitor the cooling system and address any signs of overheating or coolant leaks, as these can contribute to premature head gasket failure.
Buying a Volvo 240 Head Gasket Online
Discover unrivaled quality and precision with our selection of Volvo 240 head gaskets at AutohausAZ. Engineered to meet the exacting standards of Volvo enthusiasts, our selection of head gaskets ensures a seamless fit and reliable performance for your prized Volvo 240. Crafted from top-tier materials, these head gaskets exemplify durability and resilience, providing a robust seal to safeguard your engine against leaks and maintain optimal performance. Elevate your driving experience with the assurance of AutohausAZ's commitment to excellence in every Volvo 240 head gasket we offer.