Volvo 242 Fuel Filter Parts
Showing 8 out of 8 part(s) found in our catalog.
Mon-Fri 8-4 MST/PST (Arizona Time)
The average price of a Volvo 242 fuel filter is between $1.59 and $90.99.
The fuel filter on a Volvo 242 serves to remove dirt, debris, and other contaminants from the gasoline before it is delivered to the engine. This helps to ensure that the engine runs smoothly and efficiently, while also preventing clogs in the fuel system that could cause damage or reduce performance. Over time, the fuel filter can become clogged or worn out, which can lead to problems such as reduced power, poor fuel economy, and difficulty starting the engine. Regular maintenance of the Volvo 242 fuel filter is important for keeping the vehicle running smoothly and preventing costly repairs.
Signs of a Clogged or Dirty Volvo 242 Fuel Filter
- Engine stalling or misfiring: A clogged fuel filter can restrict the flow of fuel to the engine resulting in a loss of power or even engine stalling.
- Difficulty starting: If the fuel filter is dirty, it can also cause difficulty starting the engine or a delayed start.
- Reduced fuel efficiency: A clogged fuel filter can cause the engine to consume more fuel than usual leading to poor fuel efficiency.
- Engine warning light: If the fuel filter is clogged or dirty, the engine warning light may come on indicating a problem with the fuel system.
- Rough idling: A clogged fuel filter can cause the engine to vibrate excessively or produce a rough idling sound.
- Poor acceleration: A dirty fuel filter can result in poor acceleration, especially when trying to accelerate quickly.
- Fuel smell: If the fuel filter is clogged, fuel may leak from the filter causing a fuel smell in and around the vehicle.
- Black smoke from exhaust: A clogged fuel filter can cause black smoke to emit from the exhaust due to poor combustion.
- Sputtering or hesitation: A dirty fuel filter can cause the engine to sputter or hesitate when accelerating or driving at high speeds.
Volvo 242 Fuel Filter Replacement Interval
It is recommended to replace the fuel filter on a Volvo 242 every 30,000 miles or every 2 years, whichever comes first. However, it is always a good idea to check your owner's manual for specific recommendations.
Replacing the Fuel Filter on Your Volvo 242
- Park the Volvo 242 on a level surface and shut off the engine.
- Locate the fuel filter under the car, near the driver's side rear wheel.
- Use a fuel line disconnect tool to disconnect the fuel lines from the filter, making sure to catch any fuel that may spill out.
- Use a wrench to remove the bracket holding the filter in place.
- Remove the old filter from the bracket and discard it.
- Install the new filter onto the bracket and reattach the bracket to the car using the same wrench.
- Reconnect the fuel lines to the new filter, making sure they are securely connected.
- Turn on the engine and check for any leaks.
- Test drive the car to ensure the fuel system is working properly.
Buying a Volvo 242 Fuel Filter Online
At AutohausAZ, our customers can expect to find the highest quality fuel filters for their Volvo 242 at competitive prices. Our extensive inventory of OEM and aftermarket parts ensures that you will always find the perfect fit for your vehicle.
Additionally, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. With our expert team of technicians on hand, we are always available to answer any questions or concerns you may have about your fuel filter purchase.
Furthermore, shopping with us means you are choosing a company that values your satisfaction above all else. We are committed to providing our customers with a hassle-free shopping experience by offering easy ordering and fast shipping.
Overall, AutohausAZ is the best choice for those seeking a reliable and trustworthy source for their Volvo 242 fuel filter needs. Our dedication to quality and customer service sets us apart from the rest, making us the ultimate destination for all your automotive needs.