Volvo S80 Power Steering Pump Parts
Showing 6 out of 6 part(s) found in our catalog.
Mon-Fri 8-4 MST/PST (Arizona Time)
Based on industry averages you can expect to pay between $119.99 and $239.99 for a Volvo S80 power steering pump.
A Volvo S80 power steering pump is a component of the power steering system in a Volvo S80 sedan. The power steering pump helps to amplify the force that you apply to the steering wheel, making it easier to turn the vehicle's wheels. It operates by drawing fluid from a reservoir and pressurizing it, which is then sent through the power steering hoses to assist with steering. The power steering pump is a critical component in making the steering of your Volvo S80 smooth and easy to control.
Signs of a Faulty Volvo S80 Power Steering Pump
Some common signs of a faulty power steering pump in a Volvo S80 are:
- Whining noise: A whining or groaning noise coming from the power steering pump while turning the steering wheel can indicate a problem with the pump.
- Hard steering: Difficulty in turning the steering wheel, especially at low speeds, is one of the most common signs of a failing power steering pump.
- Steering wheel vibration: A damaged power steering pump can cause the steering wheel to shake or vibrate while turning.
- Leaking fluid: Fluid leaking from the power steering pump can be caused by worn-out components or damaged seals in the pump.
- Stiff steering: Stiff steering when turning the wheel in either direction can be caused by a malfunctioning power steering pump.
- Erratic steering response: If the steering feels unpredictable or erratic, this could be due to a failing power steering pump.
If you experience any of these symptoms, it's important to have your Volvo S80 inspected by a professional mechanic as soon as possible to avoid further damage or safety issues on the road.
Volvo S80 Power Steering Pump - Post-Installation Tips
Here are the steps that should be done after installing a new Volvo S80 power steering pump:
- Check for leaks: Before you start your car, check for any leaks from the power steering system. Look for any drips or pools of fluid under the car.
- Fill the power steering fluid reservoir: Add power steering fluid to the reservoir until it reaches the proper level. Refer to the owner's manual for the correct type and amount of fluid.
- Bleed the power steering system: Start the engine and turn the wheels back and forth a few times to bleed air from the power steering system. Check the fluid level again after bleeding to ensure it is at the proper level.
- Test drive the car: Take the car for a test drive to make sure the power steering is working properly. Turn the steering wheel in both directions and listen for any unusual noises. Ensure the steering is smooth and responsive.
- Check the fluid level again: After the test drive, let the car sit for a few minutes and check the fluid level again. Adjust as needed.
- Inspect the power steering belt: Finally, inspect the power steering belt for proper tension and wear. Replace the belt if necessary.
Buying a Volvo S80 Power Steering Pump Online
Shopping at AutohausAZ for a Volvo S80 power steering pump has several advantages. Our selection of power steering pumps is vast and includes high-quality, trusted brands. This ensures that you receive a reliable and durable power steering pump that is built to meet or exceed OEM standards. Additionally, our website is user-friendly and easy to navigate, making it simple to find the exact part you need for your Volvo S80. Our knowledgeable staff is also available to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have during the ordering process. Finally, we offer competitive pricing on our power steering pumps, ensuring you get the best value for your money.