Volvo S90 Oil Filter Parts
Showing 11 out of 11 part(s) found in our catalog.
Select category below to view parts.
Mon-Fri 8-4 MST/PST (Arizona Time)
The average cost of a Volvo S90 oil filter is between $3.05 and $45.99.
The Volvo S90 oil filter is an essential component of the engine's lubrication system. It filters out impurities and contaminants from the engine oil, ensuring that the oil circulates through the engine smoothly and effectively. The oil filter traps dirt, metal particles, and other debris to prevent them from causing damage to internal engine components. Over time, the oil filter will become clogged with debris, and it must be replaced to maintain proper engine performance and longevity.
Signs of a Clogged Volvo S90 Oil Filter
- Decreased engine performance: A clogged oil filter can cause low oil pressure. Low oil pressure means the engine is not lubricated properly, leading to reduced engine performance.
- Loud engine noise: When there's not enough oil circulating to lubricate the engine parts, they will rub together and make loud noises.
- Poor fuel economy: The engine may need to work harder to overcome the lack of oil pressure, leading to increased fuel consumption.
- Oil warning light: If the oil filter is clogged, it will trigger the oil warning light on the dashboard.
- Dirty oil: A clogged oil filter can cause dirty oil to circulate through the engine, which can cause sludge buildup and engine damage.
Recommended OEM Brands For Volvo S90 Oil Filter
Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) brands play a crucial role in ensuring that Volvo S90 owners find the right oil filter for their car. The OEM for Volvo S90 oil filters is Mann+Hummel, known for producing high-quality engine components and filters.
Volvo uses specific guidelines when selecting OEM suppliers, and these suppliers must meet the automaker's strict standards to maintain quality and compatibility with the S90 model. The Mann+Hummel brand has a long-standing relationship with Volvo and has been supplying original equipment since the 1960s.
In addition to Mann+Hummel, other well-known OEM brands available for the Volvo S90 include Bosch, Fram, and Wix. These brands also meet Volvo's stringent standards for quality and compatibility.
It's important to note that using an OEM brand oil filter ensures that your Volvo S90 performs at its best, providing optimal performance and longevity to the engine. Using non-OEM brands may lead to subpar filtration, which can lead to damage to the engine or potentially void warranties.
In conclusion, sticking with an OEM brand for the oil filter on your Volvo S90 is critical to maintaining a healthy engine and maximizing performance. With brands like Mann+Hummel, Bosch, Fram, and Wix, you can be confident in your choice to use genuine parts for your vehicle.
Volvo S90 Oil Filter Replacement Interval
The general recommendation for replacing the oil filter in a Volvo S90 is every 10,000 miles or once a year, whichever comes first. However, it's always best to refer to your vehicle's owner's manual for specific recommendations from the manufacturer.
Replacing the Oil Filter on Your Volvo S90
- Gather necessary supplies: You will need a new oil filter, a wrench, a drain pan, a socket wrench or pliers, and clean rags.
- Drain the old oil: Locate the oil pan and the drain plug, place the drain pan beneath it, and remove the plug using a socket wrench or pliers. Allow the old oil to drain out fully.
- Remove the old oil filter: Locate the oil filter and use a wrench to loosen and remove it. Be sure to have a rag handy as some oil may spill out.
- Prepare the new oil filter: Apply a small amount of oil on the rubber gasket of the new oil filter to help it seal properly.
- Install the new oil filter: Hand-tighten the new oil filter onto the engine until it is snug, then give it an additional quarter-turn with the wrench.
- Add new oil: Pour in the recommended amount of new oil through the oil filler cap located on the engine.
- Check the oil level: With the dipstick, verify that the oil level is within the recommended range.
- Discard the old filter and oil: Dispose of the old oil safely and responsibly, preferably by taking it to a professional recycling center.
- Clean up: Wipe down any spilled oil and dispose of the rags properly.
- Start the engine: Turn on the engine and let it run for a minute or two, then check for any leaks around the new oil filter.
That's it. However, it's always best to consult with your owner’s manual for specific information and follow the recommended schedule for regular oil changes.
Buying a Volvo S90 Oil Filter Online
At AutohausAZ, we pride ourselves on being the leading supplier of quality auto parts for various vehicle models, including the Volvo S90. Our commitment to excellence ensures that we only provide our customers with the best quality products to keep their vehicles running smoothly.
One of the advantages of shopping at AutohausAZ for your Volvo S90 oil filter is our extensive selection of high-quality oil filters. We stock a range of oil filters designed specifically for the Volvo S90, ensuring that you get the right fit for your vehicle. Our oil filters are the perfect choice for any S90 owner looking to keep their engine running smoothly while also improving fuel efficiency.
In addition to our wide selection of oil filters, we offer competitive prices that make it easy for Volvo S90 owners to access top-quality car parts without overspending. Our customers can rest assured that they are getting great value for their money when they shop for their Volvo S90 oil filter with us.
At AutohausAZ, our customer service is second to none. Our knowledgeable and experienced staff is always available to assist you with any questions you may have about our products, and we are committed to helping you find the right oil filter for your Volvo S90.
So, if you're looking for a reliable, high-quality oil filter for your Volvo S90, look no further than AutohausAZ. With our extensive selection, competitive prices, and excellent customer service, we are the ideal choice for all your auto parts needs.