Volvo V40 Engine Mount Parts
Showing 8 out of 8 part(s) found in our catalog.
Mon-Fri 8-4 MST/PST (Arizona Time)
The average cost of a Volvo V40 engine mount is between $14.09 and $128.99.
A Volvo V40 engine mount is a device that provides support and secure attachment for the engine of the car to the chassis (frame) of the car. It consists of a metal bracket that holds a rubber or hydraulic bushing, which dampens the vibrations produced by the engine and prevents them from being transmitted to the car body or cabin. The engine mount also helps to maintain proper alignment of the engine in the engine compartment and prevents excessive movement or shaking, which can cause damage to the engine components or affect the performance of the vehicle.
The number of engine mounts in a Volvo V40 may vary based on the model year and the engine type. However, typically a Volvo V40 has a total of three engine mounts. One is located on the front of the engine, one on the top of the transmission, and the third on the rear side of the engine.
Signs of a Failing Volvo V40 Engine Mount
Here are some common signs of a faulty Volvo V40 engine mount:
- Vibration: One of the most obvious symptoms of a bad engine mount is excessive vibration coming from the engine. You may feel this vibration in the steering wheel or through the car's body as it moves.
- Noise: A bad engine mount can also cause various noises, such as rattling, clunking, or knocking sounds. These noises could be more pronounced when the car is idling or accelerating.
- Excessive engine movement: Another sign of a faulty engine mount is excessive movement of the engine. You may notice the engine moving excessively when you accelerate or shift gears.
- Acceleration problems: Faulty engine mounts can also cause acceleration problems, such as sluggish acceleration or delayed response when you press the gas pedal.
- Engine misalignment: The engine mount is responsible for keeping the engine properly aligned. If it fails, the engine may not sit at the correct angle, leading to engine misalignment.
If you notice any of these signs, it's important to have your Volvo V40 inspected by a professional mechanic to determine the cause of the problem and avoid any further damage to your vehicle.
Typical Lifespan of a Volvo V40 Engine Mount
The lifespan of an engine mount can vary depending on various factors including the vehicle's usage, driving conditions, and maintenance. However, a Volvo V40 engine mount typically lasts between 100,000 to 150,000 miles. It is recommended to have the engine mounts inspected during routine maintenance and replaced if any signs of wear or damage are detected.
Buying a Volvo V40 Engine Mount Online
AutohausAZ offers a convenient and easy shopping experience for customers looking to purchase an engine mount for their Volvo V40. Our extensive selection of top-quality parts ensures that customers can find exactly what they need to keep their vehicle running smoothly. In addition, our competitive pricing and fast delivery times provide added value to our customers. Our knowledgeable customer service team is always available to answer any questions and provide assistance throughout the shopping process. With AutohausAZ, customers can trust that they will receive reliable and durable parts that will meet or exceed their expectations.