Volvo V40 Window Regulator Parts
Showing 4 out of 4 part(s) found in our catalog.
Mon-Fri 8-4 MST/PST (Arizona Time)
Based on industry averages you can expect to pay between $121.99 and $141.99 for a Volvo V40 window regulator.
A Volvo V40 window regulator is a component that is responsible for raising or lowering the vehicle's windows. It works by converting the rotational motion of an electric motor into the linear motion required to move the window glass up and down. The regulator consists of a series of gears, cables, and other mechanical components that work together to move the window glass smoothly and evenly. If the window regulator fails, the window may become stuck or fail to move properly.
Signs of a Faulty Volvo V40 Window Regulator
Here are some common signs of a faulty Volvo V40 window regulator:
- Window won't roll up or down: The most obvious sign of a faulty window regulator is that the window will not roll up or down when you press the power switch.
- Grinding or clicking noises: If you hear grinding or clicking noises when you try to roll the window up or down, this may indicate that the regulator is struggling to move the window due to misaligned gears or other mechanical issues.
- Window falls or wobbles: A faulty regulator can cause the window to fall or wobble in its track while driving, which can be dangerous and should be repaired immediately.
- Slow or uneven movement: If your window moves slowly or unevenly, this may indicate that the regulator is weak or damaged and needs to be replaced.
- Window gets stuck: Finally, if your window gets stuck in the up or down position, this may indicate a problem with the regulator, such as a broken cable or gear.
Volvo V40 Window Regulator - Post-Installation Tips
Here are the steps to follow after installing a new Volvo V40 window regulator:
- Test the new window regulator: Before installing the door panel back, test the new window regulator by connecting the battery and turning on the ignition. Activate the power window switch and ensure that the window operates smoothly and stops at the appropriate locations.
- Reinstall the door panel: Once you have confirmed that the new window regulator is working correctly, reinstall the door panel. Ensure that all bolts, screws, and clips are properly secured.
- Reconnect the wiring harness: Reconnect any wiring harnesses that were disconnected during the removal process.
- Test the window switches: Test the window switches to ensure that they are working correctly and that the window can be raised and lowered smoothly.
- Adjust the window positioning: If needed, adjust the positioning of the window by loosening the window regulator holding bolts and moving the window up or down. Tighten the bolts again once the desired position has been achieved.
- Lubricate the window tracks: Apply a silicone-based lubricant to the window tracks to help the window move smoothly.
- Lower the window: Finally, lower the window and close the door to see if it is sealing properly and that there are no air leaks.
Buying a Volvo V40 Window Regulator Online
At AutohausAZ, customers can find high-quality window regulators for their Volvo V40 window regulator at competitive prices. Our vast inventory ensures that you can quickly find the right part you need, and our fast shipping options ensure that you receive your order promptly. Moreover, our products are backed by a manufacturer warranty, giving you peace of mind that your purchase is protected. Our friendly and knowledgeable customer service team is always ready to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have about your order. With AutohausAZ, you can enjoy hassle-free shopping, convenience, and quality products that meet your needs.