Volvo XC60 Starter Parts
Showing 5 out of 5 part(s) found in our catalog.
Mon-Fri 8-4 MST/PST (Arizona Time)
Based on industry averages you can expect to pay between $116.99 and $419.99 for a Volvo XC60 starter.
A starter in a Volvo XC60 is an electrical motor that is responsible for cranking the engine and starting the vehicle. It draws power from the battery to turn the engine over and get it running. The starter is activated when the key is turned in the ignition, which sends an electric current to the starter motor, causing it to begin operating.
Signs of a Faulty Volvo XC60 Starter
The most common signs of a faulty Volvo XC60 starter include:
- Clicking noise when you turn the key: If you hear a clicking noise when turning the key, it may indicate a bad starter solenoid.
- Grinding or whining noise: A grinding or whining noise when starting your Volvo XC60 could indicate a worn out starter motor or a damaged flywheel.
- Engine won't start: If you turn the key and nothing happens, it may be due to a faulty starter. This could also be caused by a dead battery, so be sure to check that as well.
- Frequent jump-starts: If you have to jump-start your car frequently, it may be due to a faulty starter.
- Slow cranking: If your engine cranks slowly or takes longer than the usual time to start, the issue could be with the starter motor or solenoid.
- Smoke from the engine: If you notice smoke coming from under the hood while trying to start your Volvo XC60, it may be due to a short circuit in the starter system.
If you are experiencing any of these signs, it's best to have your Volvo XC60 inspected by a certified mechanic as soon as possible to avoid further damage or breakdowns.
Steps for Testing Your Volvo XC60 Starter
Here are the steps for testing a Volvo XC60 starter:
- Check the battery connections: Make sure the battery is fully charged, and its connections are clean and tight.
- Check for power at the starter: Use a digital multi-meter (DMM) to check for power at the starter. Connect the red meter lead to the positive terminal on the starter motor and the black lead to the engine block or any solid ground source. Have someone turn the key to the start position while you monitor the meter. If the reading is less than 9.6 volts, there may be an issue with the starter circuit.
- Check the starter solenoid: Locate the starter solenoid, which is usually attached to the starter motor. Using the DMM, connect the red lead to the solenoid's positive terminal and the black lead to the negative terminal. Have someone turn the key to the start position once again, and watch for a voltage reading of at least 9.6 volts. If the reading is low or nonexistent, the solenoid may be faulty.
- Check the starter relay: Locate the starter relay in the fuse box. Using the DMM, connect the red lead to the relay's positive terminal and the black lead to a solid ground source. Once again, have someone turn the key to the start position. You should see a voltage reading of at least 9.6 volts. If the reading is low or nonexistent, the relay may be faulty.
- Check the starter motor: If all of the above tests pass, the starter motor may be the problem. Remove the starter from the engine and take it to a parts store that can test it.
These are general steps, so you should consult your vehicle owner's manual or repair manual for specific instructions and safety precautions before attempting to test the starter motor.
Buying a Volvo XC60 Starter Online
Choosing AutohausAZ for your Volvo XC60 starter comes with many benefits. Firstly, we provide you with a wide range of high-quality starters specifically designed for your vehicle. Our team is dedicated to ensuring that you find the right match for your car, at an affordable price.
Additionally, we offer a hassle-free shopping experience that guarantees customer satisfaction. Our website is user-friendly and easy to navigate, allowing you to find the exact part you need quickly and efficiently. We also provide detailed product descriptions and specifications to ensure that you make an informed decision.
Furthermore, our team of experts is always available to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have. We take pride in providing exceptional customer service that exceeds your expectations. You can trust that we are committed to helping you find the best solution for your Volvo XC60 starter needs.
Finally, our focus on quality and reliability ensures that you receive a product that is durable and long-lasting. We source our starters from reputable manufacturers who use top-quality materials that meet or exceed industry standards. You can be confident that you are investing in a product that will perform as expected and keep your vehicle running smoothly.
In summary, shopping at AutohausAZ for your Volvo XC60 starter offers you a wide range of high-quality products, a hassle-free shopping experience, exceptional customer service, and a focus on quality and reliability.