Mercedes Sprinter Ignition Switch Parts
Showing 3 out of 3 part(s) found in our catalog.
Select category below to view parts.
Mon-Fri 8-4 MST/PST (Arizona Time)
The average cost of a Mercedes Sprinter ignition switch is between $30.99 and $42.99.
A Mercedes Sprinter ignition switch is a component of the vehicle's electrical system that is responsible for turning the engine on and off. It is typically located on the steering column or dashboard and allows the driver to start the engine by turning the key or pushing a button, depending on the model. The ignition switch also controls other electrical functions such as powering the accessories and electronics in the vehicle when the engine is running.
Signs of a Faulty Mercedes Sprinter Ignition Switch
Here are the most common signs of a faulty Mercedes Sprinter ignition switch:
- Difficulty turning the key: If you find it hard to turn the key or experience resistance when trying to start the vehicle, it may indicate a problem with the ignition switch.
- Engine not starting: If you insert the key and try to start the engine, but nothing happens, it could be a sign of a faulty ignition switch. This symptom is often accompanied by no response from the dashboard lights or electrical systems.
- Stalling or intermittent power loss: A faulty ignition switch can sometimes cause the engine to stall while driving or experience intermittent power loss. This can be dangerous, especially at higher speeds.
- Key getting stuck: If you have difficulty removing the key from the ignition even when the engine is turned off, it may indicate a problem with the ignition switch.
- Electrical issues: A malfunctioning ignition switch can lead to various electrical problems, such as flickering dashboard lights, non-functioning gauges, or random activation of warning lights.
- Accessories not working: If certain accessories, such as the radio, power windows, or air conditioning, fail to work properly or completely shut off, it may be due to a faulty ignition switch.
- Battery drain: A defective ignition switch can cause an electrical drain on the battery, resulting in frequent dead battery situations.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it is recommended to have your Mercedes Sprinter inspected and diagnosed by a qualified mechanic or contact a certified Mercedes-Benz service center for assistance.
Typical Lifespan of a Mercedes Sprinter Ignition Switch
The lifespan of a Mercedes Sprinter ignition switch can vary depending on various factors such as usage, maintenance, and driving conditions. Generally, an ignition switch can last anywhere from 50,000 to 100,000 miles or more before experiencing issues. However, it's important to note that individual experiences may differ, and regular maintenance and care can greatly impact the longevity of the ignition switch.
Buying a Mercedes Sprinter Ignition Switch Online
Shopping at AutohausAZ for Mercedes Sprinter ignition switches offers several advantages. Firstly, we have a vast selection of high-quality ignition switches specifically designed for the Sprinter model. This ensures that our customers can find the perfect fit for their vehicle without any hassle. Additionally, we carry ignition switches from reputable brands known for their durability and reliability.
Another advantage of shopping at AutohausAZ is our competitive pricing. We offer great deals on ignition switches, allowing customers to save money while still getting a top-notch product. Furthermore, we strive to provide exceptional customer service. Our team of knowledgeable professionals is always ready to assist customers with any inquiries or concerns they may have. Whether it's helping customers select the right ignition switch or providing guidance during the installation process, we are determined to go above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction.