Genuine VW/Audi Voltage Regulator | 070903803E
Make Sure It Fits
Audi: A3. 2.0L, 2008-10, with awd, TT. For Bosch Alternator. 2.0L, gas, bosch. Reman. For Valeo Alternator.
Voltage regulators maintain a constant range of alternator voltage output and convert the alternate current (AC) produced by the alternator into the direct current (DC) the vehicle operates on. As the alternator turns, it uses coil windings and magnets to create the alternate current. The faster the alternator turns, the more current and voltage is produced. The voltage regulator uses diodes to convert the AC to DC, limiting the alternator's voltage output to 12-14 volts.
Voltage regulators fail when they can no longer convert alternate current to direct current or when they can no longer maintain a consistent voltage that the vehicle requires to operate.Signs of a faulty voltage regulator include:
- Surging lights
- Flickering interior lights
- Instrument cluster or panel malfunctioning
- Battery light or check engine light illuminated
- A battery not being charged
Checking battery voltage or alternator output are simple ways to test a voltage regulator. Fluctuating battery voltage or drops in alternator output when the engine is at idle indicates the voltage regulator has failed and is not regulating voltage or not converting alternate current to direct current.Replacing Your Vehicle's Voltage Regulator
Some voltage regulators are external to the alternator and can be removed and replaced in series with the alternator output circuit. Other voltage regulators are mounted inside of the alternator and may be removable and replaceable, but some will require the replacement of the alternator to replace the voltage regulator.
View more Genuine VW/Audi Voltage Regulators.
Frequently Viewed Together
We found 10 additional part(s) that are frequently viewed together.
- 1 per car.$35.99Reg$37.49List$165.00078133471E OEMFor models with ATQ engine only. 1 per car.$173.99Reg$181.24List$260.00
- For models with AHA or ATQ engine. 1 per car.$90.99Reg$94.78List$530.158D0407452LX OEMThis brand is rebuilt.$227.99Reg$237.49List$347.14
- VAG1TUNEUPKIT KIT FREE SHIPPINGThis contains all the commonly replaced ignition parts to give your...$223.71Reg$233.03List$873.828D0407451LX OEM FREE SHIPPINGThis brand is rebuilt.$202.99Reg$211.45List$332.86
- For models with V6 engine and manual tranmission only. 2 per car.$13.89Reg$14.47List$126.67170813 OEMFor models with Sport Suspension only. 2 per car.$87.99Reg$91.66List$146.95
- 19-119939 OEM FREE SHIPPING$73.00Reg$76.04List$136.0019-140049 OEM FREE SHIPPING$73.00Reg$76.04List$178.33
Why Buy OEM & Genuine Replacement Auto Parts from AutohausAZ?
Auto parts at wholesale prices is what you will find at AutohausAZ. Have you been searching the web for auto parts for your vehicle? You have come to the right place! Here at Autohaus, we strive to offer low prices on quality replacement parts and providing first rate customer service.
Flat-Rate Standard Shipping
AutohausAZ offers discounted flat-rate Standard shipping on any auto parts orders shipped within the Continental USA.Learn More About Our Shipping
EZ Parts Returns
Your auto parts purchases are protected by AutohausAZ's customer-friendly returns policy.Learn More About Our Returns Policy
3-Years/36-Months Auto Parts Warranty
AutohausAZ offers industry-leading 3-years/36-months warranty on all auto parts purchases.Learn More About Our Warranty
Faster One-Page Checkout
We streamlined our checkout process to get your order on the way faster.Learn More About Our Checkout Process
Discounted International Shipping
AutohausAZ offers 65% discount on UPS shipping options for our international customers.Learn More About Our International Shipping
Customers Love Us
Check out what customers have to say about AutohausAZ on Google.Read Our Reviews on Google
What This Genuine VW/Audi Voltage Regulator Fits?
Application information below is for reference only and should not be used to determine the exact vehicle fitment. Please use the "Make Sure It Fits" vehicle selection box above to determine the exact fitment and review any application notes. If you need any help determining if this part works with your vehicle, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Fuel Type: GAS
Fuel Type: GAS