Volvo S80 Starter Parts
Showing 10 out of 10 part(s) found in our catalog.
Mon-Fri 8-4 MST/PST (Arizona Time)
The average cost of a Volvo S80 starter is between $116.99 and $449.99.
A Volvo S80 starter is an electrical motor that is used to turn the engine over when starting the car. The starter motor is located at the front of the engine and is engaged by the ignition switch when the key is turned to the "Start" position. This causes the starter to turn the engine flywheel, which in turn rotates the engine and allows it to start.
Signs of a Faulty Volvo S80 Starter
The most common signs of a faulty Volvo S80 starter may include:
- Engine cranking slowly or not at all.
- The starter motor making a clicking sound but failing to start the engine.
- Grinding or whirring noise when starting the engine.
- Burning smell or smoke coming from the engine area, which could indicate a damaged starter motor or wiring.
- Dashboard lights dimming or flickering when attempting to start the engine.
- The starter motor engaging for a few seconds but then stopping abruptly.
- The starter solenoid clicking but the starter motor not turning.
- Battery terminals showing signs of corrosion or being loose.
- The engine starting intermittently or only after multiple attempts.
If you notice any of these signs, it is recommended that you have your Volvo S80 inspected by a qualified mechanic as soon as possible to avoid further damage or safety hazards.
Steps for Testing Your Volvo S80 Starter
Here are the steps for testing a Volvo S80 starter:
- Check the battery: Before testing the starter, make sure the battery is fully charged and in good condition.
- Locate the starter: The starter is usually located on the bottom of the engine, near the transmission.
- Inspect the wiring: Check the wiring connections to make sure they are tight and free from corrosion.
- Perform a voltage test: Use a multimeter to test the voltage at the starter solenoid. It should read around 12 volts. If it doesn't, check the battery cables and connections.
- Perform a bench test: Remove the starter from the vehicle and connect it to a battery and test stand. Apply 12 volts to the starter and listen for a smooth, consistent operation.
- Check for excessive current draw: Using an ammeter, measure the amount of current the starter is drawing. If the current draw is higher than normal, the starter may be failing.
- Inspect the gear: Check the teeth on the flywheel and the starter pinion gear. If either one is damaged or worn, it can prevent the starter from engaging.
- Check for continuity: Using a multimeter, test for continuity between the different terminals on the starter solenoid. If there is no continuity, the solenoid may be faulty.
- Replace as necessary: If any of the tests indicate a problem, replace the starter with a new or rebuilt unit.
Buying a Volvo S80 Starter Online
At AutohausAZ, we offer a convenient online shopping experience for customers looking for quality Volvo S80 starters. Our vast selection of starters ensures that you can find the perfect fit for your vehicle's specific needs. We take pride in our commitment to providing reliable products that meet or exceed OEM standards. Our team of experts is dedicated to helping you find the right starter for your Volvo S80 and answering any questions you may have about the product. When you shop with AutohausAZ, you can trust that you are getting high-quality parts at a competitive price. In addition, we provide fast and efficient shipping to ensure that your order arrives promptly. Shopping for Volvo S80 starters has never been easier or more affordable than it is with us.