Volvo V90 Expansion Tank Parts
Showing 2 out of 2 part(s) found in our catalog.
Mon-Fri 8-4 MST/PST (Arizona Time)
Based on industry averages you can expect to pay between $29.99 and $52.46 for a Volvo V90 expansion tank.
The Volvo V90 expansion tank, also known as a coolant reservoir, is a component of the vehicle's cooling system. It is responsible for storing excess coolant as the engine heats up and the coolant expands. The expansion tank is typically located near the radiator and can be identified by its translucent or opaque plastic construction. Its specific location may vary slightly depending on the model year and engine configuration of the Volvo V90.
The typical lifespan of a Volvo V90 expansion tank can vary depending on various factors such as the quality of the tank, driving conditions, maintenance, and other individual variables. However, on average, an expansion tank in a Volvo V90 can last anywhere from 5 to 10 years. It is important to regularly check for any signs of wear or damage and to perform routine maintenance to ensure the longevity of the expansion tank.
Signs of a Faulty Volvo V90 Expansion Tank
- Leaking coolant: One of the most obvious signs of a faulty expansion tank is coolant leakage. If you notice puddles of coolant beneath your Volvo V90 or find the coolant level consistently dropping, it could be due to a cracked or damaged expansion tank.
- Overheating engine: A faulty expansion tank can cause the engine to overheat. When the expansion tank is not working properly, coolant may not be able to circulate effectively through the cooling system, leading to engine overheating.
- Low coolant level: If you frequently find yourself having to top up the coolant level in your Volvo V90, it could indicate a problem with the expansion tank. A properly functioning expansion tank should maintain a consistent coolant level.
- Coolant odor or steam: A faulty expansion tank may result in coolant leaks, which can produce a distinct sweet smell or visible steam under the hood. If you notice these odors or steam, it's worth checking the condition of the expansion tank.
- Bulging or cracked tank: Physically inspecting the expansion tank is another way to diagnose a fault. Look for any bulging or cracks in the expansion tank, as these can be signs of internal pressure or damage.
- Coolant discoloration: When an expansion tank is failing, it can sometimes cause coolant discoloration. If the coolant appears murky, rusty, or has an unusual color, it may be a result of a faulty expansion tank mixing coolant with contaminants.
- Dashboard warning lights: In some cases, a faulty expansion tank can trigger dashboard warning lights, such as the coolant temperature light or the check engine light. If these lights illuminate, it's important to have your vehicle inspected as soon as possible.
If you suspect a faulty expansion tank in your Volvo V90, it is recommended to have it inspected and repaired by a qualified technician to avoid any further damage to the cooling system or engine.
Top Volvo V90 Expansion Tank Manufacturers
Rein Automotive: Rein Automotive is a reputable manufacturer that produces high-quality expansion tanks for Volvo V90 vehicles. Their parts are known for their reliability and durability, making them a popular choice among Volvo owners. While not directly branded under the vehicle manufacturer's name, Rein Automotive maintains strict quality standards to ensure their products meet or exceed original equipment specifications. Although they may be slightly more affordable compared to Genuine Volvo parts, Rein Automotive expansion tanks still offer excellent performance and are a reliable option for replacement.
Genuine Volvo: When it comes to Genuine Volvo parts, there is an assurance of impeccable quality, as these parts are exclusively manufactured by the authorized auto parts manufacturers chosen by Volvo. Genuine Volvo expansion tanks are designed to match the exact specifications and requirements of Volvo V90 models. As these parts undergo rigorous testing and adhere to the vehicle manufacturer's stringent quality standards, they are considered the best in terms of original equipment quality. However, due to their branding and the higher level of assurance they provide, Genuine Volvo parts tend to be more expensive than aftermarket alternatives. Volvo owners often opt for Genuine Volvo expansion tanks to maintain the integrity and performance of their vehicles.
Shop Deals On Volvo V90 Expansion Tanks
Shopping at AutohausAZ for a Volvo V90 expansion tank offers several advantages. Firstly, AutohausAZ provides a wide selection of high-quality expansion tanks specifically designed for Volvo V90 vehicles. This ensures compatibility and optimal performance for your car's cooling system.
Additionally, by choosing AutohausAZ, customers can benefit from competitive pricing. The expansion tanks available at AutohausAZ are offered at affordable rates, allowing you to save money without compromising on the quality of the product. This ensures that you get the best value for your investment.
Moreover, when shopping at AutohausAZ, customers can rely on the expertise of knowledgeable professionals. The team at AutohausAZ is well-versed in Volvo vehicles and can offer valuable assistance and guidance throughout the purchasing process. Whether you have questions about product specifications or need advice on installation, their experts are there to help.
Furthermore, AutohausAZ prioritizes customer satisfaction, ensuring a seamless shopping experience. Customers can easily navigate the website, find the desired expansion tank for their Volvo V90, and proceed with a hassle-free checkout process. With prompt order processing and efficient delivery, customers can enjoy a convenient and timely shopping experience.
In summary, shopping at AutohausAZ for a Volvo V90 expansion tank offers advantages such as a wide selection of compatible products, competitive pricing, access to knowledgeable professionals, and a seamless shopping experience. These benefits make AutohausAZ a reliable choice for Volvo V90 owners in need of an expansion tank.