Volvo XC70 Starter Parts
Showing 10 out of 10 part(s) found in our catalog.
Mon-Fri 8-4 MST/PST (Arizona Time)
Volvo XC70 starter typically cost between $116.99 and $449.99.
A Volvo XC70 starter is an electrical motor that is responsible for turning the engine of a Volvo XC70. When you turn the key in the ignition, the starter uses battery power to engage the engine's flywheel and crankshaft, which start the combustion process required to run the vehicle.
Signs of a Faulty Volvo XC70 Starter
Here are some of the most common signs of a faulty Volvo XC70 starter:
- Engine Cranks Slowly: If your vehicle’s engine cranks slowly or takes longer than usual to start, it could be a sign that the starter is wearing out.
- Grinding Noise: A grinding noise when you try to start your vehicle can indicate that the starter gear isn’t engaging correctly.
- Whirring Noise: If you hear a whirring sound immediately after turning the key, it could be coming from the starter motor and is a sign that the starter motor is not functioning properly.
- Smoke: If you see smoke coming from the starter motor, it’s a clear sign that the starter motor is overheating or burning out.
- Electrical Issues: If you’re experiencing electrical issues like flickering headlights, dim cabin lights, or weak battery, it could be due to a worn-out starter motor.
If you notice any of these signs, it’s best to have your vehicle checked by a certified mechanic or Volvo technician to diagnose and repair the problem.
Steps for Testing Your Volvo XC70 Starter
Sure, here are the steps to test a Volvo XC70 starter:
- First, ensure that the battery is fully charged and all connections are clean and tight.
- Locate the starter motor on the Volvo XC70. It is typically located on the bottom of the engine, near the transmission.
- Use a voltmeter to measure the voltage at the starter solenoid's power terminal while someone turns the key to the "start" position. The voltage should be above 10.5 volts for the starter to function properly.
- If the voltage is below 10.5 V, check the battery for proper charge and clean any corrosion from the terminals.
- Check the starter circuit connections for any loose or corroded connections.
- If the voltage is above 10.5 V, connect a jumper wire between the battery's positive terminal and the starter solenoid's power terminal.
- If the starter motor turns, the starter motor, starter solenoid, and battery are likely functioning properly.
- If the starter motor does not turn, remove the starter motor from the vehicle for testing or replacement.
- Have the starter motor tested at an auto parts store or approved Volvo service center to determine if the starter motor is faulty and needs to be replaced.
- Reinstall the starter motor and confirm that it functions properly before taking the vehicle for a test drive.
Buying a Volvo XC70 Starter Online
At AutohausAZ, shoppers have access to a large inventory of high-quality Volvo XC70 starters. Our parts are sourced from reputable manufacturers and come with a reliable warranty for added peace of mind. We also offer competitive pricing to ensure our customers get the best value for their money. In addition, our knowledgeable customer service team is available to assist with any questions or concerns about the product or installation process. And with fast and efficient delivery, customers can get back on the road with minimal downtime. Ultimately, shopping at AutohausAZ allows customers to easily find and obtain the parts they need for their Volvo XC70 without the hassle of searching multiple sources or worrying about quality issues.