BMW 750LI Steering Rack Parts
Showing 6 out of 6 part(s) found in our catalog.
Mon-Fri 8-4 MST/PST (Arizona Time)
Based on industry averages you can expect to pay between $105.99 and $1169.99 for a BMW 750LI steering rack.
The BMW 750LI steering rack is a mechanical component that is part of the car's steering system. It is the part of the steering system that converts the rotation of the steering wheel into the linear motion needed to turn the wheels of the car. The steering rack is connected to the steering column and the tie rods, and it moves left and right as the driver turns the steering wheel. This movement causes the tie rods to move, which then causes the wheels to turn in the desired direction. In summary, the steering rack is responsible for translating the driver's input into actual movement of the car's wheels.
Signs of a Faulty BMW 750LI Steering Rack
Here are some common signs of a faulty BMW 750LI steering rack:
- Steering wheel feels loose or sloppy
- Vibration or shaking in the steering wheel
- Difficulty turning the steering wheel, especially at low speeds
- Uneven tire wear or abnormal tire wear pattern
- Grinding or knocking noises when turning the steering wheel
- Leaking power steering fluid underneath the car
- Warning light on the dashboard indicating a power steering system problem
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it's best to have your steering system inspected by a qualified mechanic to determine the underlying cause and make the necessary repairs.
Typical Lifespan of a BMW 750LI Steering Rack
The lifespan of a BMW 750LI steering rack typically depends on several factors, including driving conditions, maintenance history, and overall mileage. In general, most steering racks can last anywhere from 100,000 to 150,000 miles or more with proper care and maintenance. However, if the steering rack is subjected to harsh driving conditions or has been neglected or abused, it may wear out more quickly. It's always a good idea to have your steering rack inspected by a qualified mechanic if you suspect any issues with your vehicle's steering performance.
Testing Your BMW 750LI Steering Rack
Here are the steps for testing a BMW 750LI steering rack:
- Park the vehicle on a level surface and turn off the engine.
- Turn the steering wheel in both directions to check for any binding or resistance.
- Check the power steering fluid level and condition. If the fluid is low or dirty, it can cause problems with the steering rack.
- Check the tie-rod ends and ball joints for any wear or play. If these components are worn out, they can affect the steering and cause problems with the steering rack.
- Inspect the steering rack for any leaks or damage. If there is a leak, it means that the seals on the steering rack are damaged and need to be replaced.
- Test the steering response by turning the wheel sharply from side to side while driving at a slow speed. The car should respond quickly and smoothly to your steering input.
- Finally, take the car for a test drive to see if the steering feels loose or unresponsive. If there are any problems with the steering rack, it will likely manifest during the test drive.
Buying a BMW 750LI Steering Rack Online
At AutohausAZ, we take pride in offering our valued customers a wide selection of high-quality BMW 750LI steering rack options. With a focus on providing the best possible products and service, we strive to exceed your expectations every step of the way. Shopping with us means you can enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing you are getting genuine, OEM-quality parts designed specifically for your BMW 750LI. Our knowledgeable team is always on hand to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have and we are committed to providing exceptional customer service each time you shop with us. Whether you are a professional mechanic or a BMW enthusiast looking to tackle a DIY project, we have the expertise and resources you need to get the job done right. So why wait? Visit us today and experience the AutohausAZ difference for yourself!