BMW Z3 Transmission Filter Parts
Showing 4 out of 4 part(s) found in our catalog.
Select category below to view parts.
Mon-Fri 8-4 MST/PST (Arizona Time)
Based on industry averages you can expect to pay between $16.99 and $150.99 for a BMW Z3 transmission filter.
The BMW Z3 transmission filter is an essential component of the car's transmission system. It is responsible for filtering out any particles or contaminants from the transmission fluid to ensure smooth and efficient operation.
The frequency of replacing the transmission filter depends on various factors such as driving conditions, mileage, and manufacturer recommendations. Generally, it is recommended to replace the transmission filter every 30,000 to 60,000 miles or every 2 to 4 years. However, it is advisable to consult your vehicle's owner manual or reach out to a certified BMW technician for specific and accurate recommendations for your Z3 model.
Signs of a Clogged or Dirty BMW Z3 Transmission Filter
- Delayed or erratic shifting: If you notice that your BMW Z3 is experiencing delays when shifting gears or if the shifts are not smooth, it could be a sign of a clogged or dirty transmission filter.
- Slipping gears: A clogged transmission filter can cause the transmission to slip out of gear momentarily or for longer periods, resulting in diminished power and poor performance.
- Overheating: The transmission may overheat if the filter is clogged, as restricted flow of fluid can lead to excessive friction and heat buildup within the transmission.
- Difficulty in shifting gears: A dirty or clogged filter can make it harder to shift gears smoothly, and you may experience resistance or grinding when changing gears.
- Unusual noises: A transmission filter that needs cleaning or replacement may cause grinding, whining, or other unusual noises while driving, indicating issues with the transmission system.
- Fluid leaks: A clogged or dirty filter can cause excessive pressure on the transmission, leading to leakage of transmission fluid. If you notice reddish fluid pooling under your BMW Z3, it could be a sign of a transmission problem.
- Reduced fuel efficiency: When the transmission filter becomes clogged, it can lead to increased friction and decreased fluid flow, ultimately impacting fuel efficiency.
- Dashboard warning lights: In some cases, a clogged or dirty transmission filter may trigger the check engine light or other warning indicators on the dashboard.
Top BMW Z3 Transmission Filter Brands for Sale
When it comes to transmission filters for the BMW Z3, there are several manufacturers that offer quality options. Let's take a closer look at three prominent ones: Genuine BMW, Rein Automotive, and Meistersatz.
Genuine BMW: As the name suggests, Genuine BMW parts are manufactured by auto parts manufacturers chosen by BMW itself. These components are held to stringent quality standards set by the vehicle manufacturer. Therefore, Genuine BMW transmission filters are known for their exceptional quality and reliability. The use of original equipment ensures a perfect fit and performance that matches the vehicle's specifications. However, it is worth noting that these parts tend to be the most expensive due to the branding under the vehicle manufacturer's name.
Rein Automotive: Rein Automotive is a reputable aftermarket brand that specializes in producing high-quality replacement parts for various vehicle makes and models. Their transmission filters are designed to meet or exceed OEM specifications. Unlike Genuine BMW parts, Rein Automotive offers a more affordable alternative without compromising on quality. Rein Automotive products are known for their durability and reliable performance.
Meistersatz: Another well-known aftermarket brand, Meistersatz offers a range of transmission filters that aim to provide a balance between quality and affordability. While not an OEM brand, Meistersatz filters are manufactured using high-grade materials and advanced technologies. They are designed to meet or exceed industry standards, ensuring proper filtration and smooth operation. Meistersatz transmission filters are often regarded as a reliable option for those seeking a cost-effective solution.
In summary, when choosing a transmission filter for your BMW Z3, you have the option of Genuine BMW, Rein Automotive, and Meistersatz. Genuine BMW filters guarantee the highest quality but come at a higher price. Rein Automotive offers a more affordable aftermarket alternative without compromising on quality. Meistersatz provides a reliable and cost-effective option. Ultimately, the choice depends on your budget, preferences, and the level of quality you desire for your vehicle.
Buying a BMW Z3 Transmission Filter Online
Shopping at AutohausAZ for replacement BMW Z3 transmission filters offers several advantages. Our extensive selection guarantees finding the right filter for your specific vehicle model. The availability of high-quality filters ensures optimal performance and durability. Additionally, we strive to provide prompt delivery, allowing you to receive your order in a timely manner. Our dedicated team of auto parts experts is always available to help you locate or select a part or answer any questions you may have. Lastly, we aim to offer competitive pricing on all of the parts within our catalog ensuring you always have a cost-effective option for obtaining a BMW Z3 transmission filter. In short, we work hard to guarantee convenience, reliability, and affordability when choosing a new transmission filter for your BMW Z3.