Saab 900 Starter Parts
Showing 2 out of 2 part(s) found in our catalog.
Mon-Fri 8-4 MST/PST (Arizona Time)
Based on industry averages you can expect to pay between $108.99 and $123.99 for a Saab 900 starter.
A Saab 900 starter is an electrical motor that is responsible for cranking the engine to start it. When the key is turned, the starter receives an electrical signal from the ignition system and uses that energy to turn the engine over until it starts. A faulty or worn-out starter can cause issues with starting the car, so it is important to have it regularly inspected and replaced if needed.
Signs of a Faulty Saab 900 Starter
Here are some common signs of a faulty Saab 900 starter:
- Clicking or grinding noises: When you turn the ignition key and hear clicking or grinding noises, it could be a sign of a faulty starter.
- Engine cranks slowly: If your Saab 900 engine takes longer than usual to crank or doesn’t start at all, it could be due to a faulty starter.
- Frequent jump-starts: If you have to jump-start your Saab 900 often, it could be an indication of a faulty starter.
- Battery issues: A faulty starter can drain the battery or prevent it from charging properly.
- Burning smell: If you detect a burning smell while trying to start your Saab 900 or immediately after turning it off, it could be a sign of a faulty starter motor.
- Dashboard lights: If the dashboard lights go dim when you turn on the ignition, it could be a sign that the starter is drawing too much power from the battery.
If you're experiencing any of these symptoms, it's best to have your car inspected by a qualified mechanic, who can diagnose the problem and recommend appropriate repairs.
Steps for Testing Your Saab 900 Starter
Here are the steps to test a Saab 900 starter:
- Make sure the battery is fully charged and the cables are clean and tightened securely.
- Check the starter relay by using a test light or multimeter to see if power is being sent to the starter when the key is turned. Replace the relay if necessary.
- Locate the starter motor under the car and check for any signs of damage or wear.
- Use a multimeter to test the continuity of the starter motor's electrical connections.
- Check the solenoid on the starter motor by using a multimeter to see if it's receiving power when the key is turned. Replace if necessary.
- Test the starter motor by using a jumper wire to connect the positive battery terminal to the starter's positive connection. The starter should spin if it's working properly.
- If the starter doesn't spin, remove it from the car and inspect it for any damage or wear. Test it again using a battery and jumper wires to see if it spins freely.
- Replace the starter motor if it fails any of these tests.
Buying a Saab 900 Starter Online
At AutohausAZ, we offer a wide selection of high-quality Saab 900 starters to ensure that our customers have access to the best parts. Our starters are reliable, durable, and designed to meet the specific needs of Saab 900 owners. By choosing to shop with us, you can have peace of mind knowing that you're purchasing a premium product that will last for years to come.
In addition to our excellent product selection, we are also committed to providing our customers with exceptional service. Our team of knowledgeable and friendly experts is always available to answer questions, provide guidance, and assist with any issues or concerns you may have. We pride ourselves on delivering fast, efficient service so that our customers can get back on the road as quickly as possible.
Whether you're a professional mechanic or a DIY enthusiast, shopping at AutohausAZ for your Saab 900 starter is a smart choice. With our extensive inventory, outstanding service, and competitive pricing, we are confident that you will be satisfied with your purchase. Thank you for considering us for your automotive needs.