Volvo 960 Power Steering Pump Parts
Showing 1 out of 1 part(s) found in our catalog.
Mon-Fri 8-4 MST/PST (Arizona Time)
Volvo 960 power steering pump typically cost between $124.99 and $124.99.
The Volvo 960 power steering pump is a component in the power steering system of a Volvo 960 car. It is responsible for pressurizing the power steering fluid and supplying it to the steering rack to assist in turning the wheels. Without a functioning power steering pump, the steering of the vehicle can become difficult and require more effort from the driver.
Signs of a Faulty Volvo 960 Power Steering Pump
Here are some common signs of a faulty power steering pump in a Volvo 960:
- Whining or squealing noise: The most common sign of a failing power steering pump is a whining or squealing noise when turning the steering wheel.
- Difficulty steering: A bad power steering pump can cause difficulty in steering, especially at low speeds or when parking.
- Leaking fluid: If you notice any power steering fluid leaking from your vehicle, it may be a sign that its pump is failing.
- Stiff steering: A faulty power steering pump can also cause stiff or heavy steering.
- Jerky or erratic steering: If your car's steering feels jerky or erratic, it could be due to a problem with the power steering pump.
- Abnormal vibrations: A failing power steering pump can cause abnormal vibrations in the steering wheel or the vehicle itself.
If you experience any of these symptoms, it's important to have your Volvo 960 checked by a professional mechanic as soon as possible to avoid further damage and ensure your safety on the road.
Volvo 960 Power Steering Pump - Post-Installation Tips
Here are the steps to follow after installing a new Volvo 960 power steering pump:
- Fill the Reservoir: Fill the power steering reservoir with the recommended power steering fluid, and check the fluid level.
- Start the Engine: Start the engine and let it idle for a few minutes to circulate the new fluid and allow the power steering pump to prime.
- Check for Leaks: Inspect the power steering system for any leaks or drips around the pump, lines, and fittings.
- Bleed the System: Turn the steering wheel gently from left to right several times to remove any air bubbles in the system. You may need to repeat this process a few times to ensure all the air is removed.
- Test Drive: Take the car for a test drive, paying close attention to the steering performance and feel. Ensure that the steering is responsive and smooth.
- Recheck Fluid Level: After the test drive, recheck the power steering fluid level and adjust it as necessary.
- Final Inspection: Once you're sure the installation was successful, inspect the entire power steering system for any final issues or leaks that need addressing.
It's always best to refer to the manufacturer's instructions when installing a new power steering pump to ensure you are following the correct procedures and recommendations.
Buying a Volvo 960 Power Steering Pump Online
At AutohausAZ, customers can easily find and purchase high-quality Volvo 960 power steering pumps that are manufactured to meet or surpass OEM standards, meaning they offer reliable performance and durability. Additionally, the prices are very competitive, so customers won't have to overspend for their necessary car parts. Our extensive inventory also ensures that we have a broad selection of compatible pumps available at all times, which means that customers can find exactly what they need without having to go elsewhere. Furthermore, our customer support team is always ready to assist with any questions or problems, making shopping with us a stress-free experience.