Volvo 240 Starter Parts
Showing 2 out of 2 part(s) found in our catalog.
Mon-Fri 8-4 MST/PST (Arizona Time)
Volvo 240 starter typically cost between $118.99 and $159.99.
A Volvo 240 starter is an electrical motor responsible for starting the engine of a Volvo 240 car. When you turn the ignition key, the starter receives an electrical signal from the battery, which then rotates the engine's flywheel to start the combustion process. The starter is located on the engine block and can be easily replaced if it becomes faulty or damaged.
Signs of a Faulty Volvo 240 Starter
Here are some common signs that may indicate a faulty starter in a Volvo 240:
- Clicking sound: When you attempt to start the engine, you may hear a clicking sound but the engine won't start.
- Slow cranking: You may experience slow or intermittent cranking when you turn the key.
- Grinding noise: A faulty starter can sometimes produce a grinding noise when the engine is turned over.
- Smoke: Sometimes a faulty starter can overheat and produce smoke.
- Dashboard lights: You may notice that the dashboard lights dim when you try to start the engine.
- Electrical problems: A faulty starter can cause other electrical components to malfunction, such as the battery or alternator.
If you experience any of these signs, it's important to have your Volvo 240 inspected by a certified mechanic to determine the root cause of the problem.
Steps for Testing Your Volvo 240 Starter
Here are the steps for testing a Volvo 240 starter:
- Park the vehicle on a flat surface and engage the parking brake.
- Open the hood and locate the starter motor. The starter motor is typically located on the front of the engine block, near the transmission.
- Inspect the wiring connections to the starter motor. Ensure they are clean and secure. If any of the wires look frayed or damaged, replace them before testing the starter.
- Check the battery voltage. Using a multimeter, check the voltage of the battery. It should read between 12 to 14 volts.
- Turn on the headlights. Before attempting to start the engine, turn on the headlights. If the headlights are dim, this indicates that there may be a problem with the battery or charging system.
- Attempt to start the engine. Turn the key in the ignition to attempt to start the engine. Listen for a clicking sound or whirring noise. If you hear either of these sounds, but the engine does not turn over, it may indicate a faulty starter motor.
- Check the voltage at the starter. If the engine does not turn over, use a multimeter to check the voltage at the starter motor. Attach the multimeter leads to the positive and negative terminals of the starter motor wiring. When you turn the key in the ignition to the start position, the multimeter should read 12 volts or more.
- Tap the starter. If the voltage at the starter is correct but the engine still does not turn over, tap the starter gently with a hammer. Sometimes, this can jar the starter motor back into operation.
- Replace the starter. If none of these steps work, it may be necessary to replace the starter motor.
Buying a Volvo 240 Starter Online
At AutohausAZ, we take pride in offering only the highest quality parts for your Volvo 240 starter. Our team of experts has a deep understanding of the unique needs of each vehicle, and we work tirelessly to ensure that you receive the right part for your specific make and model.
When you shop with us, you can rest assured that you are getting the best value for your money. Our prices are highly competitive, and we offer a wide range of products to fit any budget. Additionally, our user-friendly website makes it easy to find exactly what you need, quickly and easily.
But it's not just about the products themselves. At AutohausAZ, we are committed to providing exceptional customer service every step of the way. We understand that your time is valuable, so we strive to make the shopping experience as simple and stress-free as possible. Our knowledgeable and friendly staff is always ready to answer your questions and provide expert advice.
So whether you're a seasoned mechanic or a DIY enthusiast, you can trust AutohausAZ for all your Volvo 240 starter needs. With our commitment to quality, value, and customer service, you can feel confident that you are making the right choice for your vehicle.