Volvo S60 Timing Belt Parts
Showing 3 out of 3 part(s) found in our catalog.
Mon-Fri 8-4 MST/PST (Arizona Time)
Based on industry averages you can expect to pay between $19.59 and $38.99 for a Volvo S60 timing belt.
The Volvo S60 timing belt is an essential component of the car's engine. Its primary function is to keep the engine's camshaft and crankshaft in sync with each other, ensuring that the valves open and close at the correct times during the engine's operation.
The timing belt is responsible for coordinating the movement of the engine's pistons and valves. As the crankshaft rotates, it moves the pistons up and down, compressing and releasing air and fuel in the engine's cylinders. Meanwhile, the camshaft controls the opening and closing of the valves, which allow air and fuel to enter the cylinders and exhaust to exit.
The timing belt ensures that the camshaft and crankshaft are always properly aligned, so the valves open and close at the correct time in the engine cycle. If the timing belt breaks or becomes worn, the camshaft and crankshaft can get out of sync, which can cause serious engine damage, including bent valves or damaged pistons. Therefore, it is important to replace the timing belt according to the manufacturer's recommended service interval to ensure the continued proper operation of the engine.
Signs of Faulty or Worn Volvo S60 Timing Belts
Here are some signs that it is time to replace your Volvo S60 timing belt:
- High mileage: Most manufacturers recommend replacing the timing belt between 60,000 and 100,000 miles, depending on the make and model of the vehicle. If your Volvo S60 has exceeded the recommended mileage, it is time to have the timing belt replaced.
- Visible wear or damage: If you inspect the timing belt and notice signs of wear or damage, such as cracks, fraying, or missing teeth, it is time to have it replaced. It is important to replace the timing belt before it breaks, as a broken timing belt can cause serious engine damage.
- Engine misfires: A worn or damaged timing belt can cause the engine to misfire or run roughly. If you notice these symptoms, it could be a sign that the timing belt is failing and needs to be replaced.
- Engine won't start: If the timing belt breaks, the engine won't start. If you try to start the engine and it won't turn over or makes a strange noise, it could be a sign that the timing belt has broken and needs to be replaced immediately.
- Warning light: Many modern vehicles are equipped with a warning light that indicates when it is time to replace the timing belt. If the warning light comes on, it is important to have the timing belt replaced as soon as possible to avoid engine damage.
AutohausAZ has the best selection of Volvo S60 timing belts online. Grab your replacement timing belt in just minutes with our easy-to-use catalog and ordering system. We look forward to fulfilling your next Volvo S60 parts order.