VW Vanagon Starter Parts
Showing 2 out of 2 part(s) found in our catalog.
Mon-Fri 8-4 MST/PST (Arizona Time)
The average cost of a VW Vanagon starter is between $119.99 and $142.99.
A VW Vanagon starter is an electrical motor that is responsible for turning the engine of Volkswagen Vanagon to start the vehicle. The starter motor connects to the battery and ignition switch and uses electric power to turn the engine's flywheel. Once the engine starts, the starter disengages from the flywheel and stops spinning. If your Vanagon starter is faulty, you may experience starter problems like difficulty starting the engine, clicking sounds or grinding noise when you turn the key.
Signs of a Faulty VW Vanagon Starter
Here are the most common signs of a faulty VW Vanagon starter:
- Clicking sound when turning the key: If you hear a clicking sound when you turn the key, it is an indication that power is reaching the starter solenoid, but the starter motor is failing to engage.
- Grinding noise during start-up: A grinding noise indicates that the starter motor is not engaging with the flywheel properly and may be damaged.
- Slow cranking: If the vehicle is slow to start or doesn't start at all, it could be an indication of a weak or faulty starter motor.
- Freewheeling: The engine continues to run even after you release the key from the start position. This issue is caused by a malfunctioning starter solenoid.
- Smoke under the hood: In rare cases, a failed starter motor can produce electrical shorts or cause a fire, which can result in smoke under the hood.
Steps for Testing Your VW Vanagon Starter
- Check the battery: Before attempting any starter tests, check the battery's condition by verifying its voltage level. A weak battery can cause the starter to malfunction.
- Check the starter's wiring: Inspect the wiring to make sure all connections are tight and in good condition. Loose or corroded connections can cause the starter to fail.
- Visually inspect the starter: Look for any physical damage to the starter, including cracks, wear, or corrosion. Damaged starters may need to be replaced.
- Check the starter relay: The starter relay is responsible for sending the electrical current to the starter motor. Test the relay to ensure it's functioning correctly.
- Test the starter solenoid: The solenoid is the component that engages the starter motor when the ignition key is turned. Test the solenoid to verify it's working correctly.
- Test the starter motor: Use a voltmeter to test the starter's motor function by measuring the voltage drop across the starter's terminals. If the voltage drop is higher than the manufacturer's specifications, the starter may be faulty.
- Check the starter drive gear: Inspect the starter's drive gear for wear or damage. Worn or damaged gears can cause the starter to fail.
- Consider a bench test: If all other tests show the starter is good, consider performing a bench test. A bench test will typically involve connecting the starter directly to a power source to test its function outside of the vehicle.
Again, it's important to note that these are general steps, and specific testing procedures may vary based on the type of VW Vanagon model and other factors. Consulting a professional mechanic is always recommended for accurate and safe diagnosis.
Buying a VW Vanagon Starter Online
At AutohausAZ, we take pride in providing a hassle-free shopping experience for our customers. Our online platform offers an extensive selection of high-quality VW Vanagon starter parts at competitive prices. We make sure to stock only the best brands in the industry to ensure the longevity and reliability of your vehicle.
Our expert team of customer service representatives is always on standby to answer any questions you may have about the products or the ordering process. With our easy-to-use website, you can quickly find the parts you need and complete your purchase with just a few clicks.
In addition to our vast selection and knowledgeable staff, we also offer fast and reliable shipping options to get your VW Vanagon starter to you as soon as possible. We understand the importance of having a fully functioning vehicle, and we strive to help our customers get back on the road quickly and safely.
So if you're in need of a VW Vanagon starter, AutohausAZ is the place to shop. Our commitment to quality, affordability, and exceptional customer service sets us apart from the competition.