BMW 850CSI Starter Parts
Showing 1 out of 1 part(s) found in our catalog.
Mon-Fri 8-4 MST/PST (Arizona Time)
BMW 850CSI starter typically cost between $114.99 and $114.99.
A starter for a BMW 850CSI is an electric motor that is responsible for turning over the engine when you start your car. It uses a small gear, called the pinion gear, which engages with the teeth on the engine's flywheel to turn the engine over. The starter is one of the critical components of any vehicle and is essential for the proper operation of your BMW 850CSI.
Signs of a Faulty BMW 850CSI Starter
Some of the most common signs of a faulty BMW 850CSI starter are:
- Clicking sound when you turn the key
- No response or slow cranking when you turn the key
- Grinding noise during startup
- Smoke coming from the starter motor
- The starter engages but doesn't turn over the engine
- Electrical issues like flickering headlights or dashboard lights
- Burning smell from the engine bay
It is important to have any of these symptoms checked by a professional mechanic, as a faulty starter can cause serious issues if not addressed promptly.
Steps for Testing Your BMW 850CSI Starter
Here are the general steps for testing a BMW 850CSI starter:
- Check the battery: Before testing the starter, make sure the battery is fully charged and has enough voltage to crank the engine.
- Inspect the starter: Look for any physical damage, loose connections, or signs of corrosion on the starter motor.
- Test the starter relay: The starter relay sends power to the starter motor. To test it, use a multimeter to check if it's sending power to the starter when you turn the key.
- Check the starter solenoid: The starter solenoid engages the starter motor with the flywheel. Test it by connecting a test light to the solenoid's positive terminal and grounding the other end. Turn the key and check if the test light illuminates.
- Test the starter motor: If all previous tests are good, it's time to test the starter motor itself. First, remove the starter from the vehicle and connect it to a test bench. Use jumper cables to connect the starter directly to the battery. Then, use a voltmeter to check if the starter is drawing proper amperage and spinning smoothly.
- Reinstall the starter: If the starter passes all tests, reinstall it in the vehicle and test it again.
Always refer to the vehicle manufacturer's service manual for specific instructions and precautions before testing any vehicle component, including the starter.
Buying a BMW 850CSI Starter Online
Our company offers a wide selection of high-quality starter options for your BMW 850CSI starter. Our starters are manufactured using the latest technology and are specifically designed to meet the unique needs of your vehicle. You can trust us to provide you with only the best products and exceptional customer service. In addition, we offer competitive pricing and convenient online shopping options to ensure that your shopping experience is hassle-free. Our team of experts is always ready to assist you with any questions you may have and to provide you with the support you need to make an informed decision. With our commitment to quality and customer satisfaction, you can be sure that shopping at AutohausAZ is the right choice for all your BMW starter needs.