Mahle Behr A/C Evaporator Core | 0008305058
Make Sure It Fits
The AC evaporator in your Mercedes cools the air entering the passenger cabin. It accomplishes this by liquid refrigerant flowing through the evaporator coils while air flows through the evaporator fins being pushed by the AC blower motor. As air flows through the fins the coils absorb heat in the air, dropping the temperature in some vehicles to near freezing temperatures. The air then continues to flow out of the AC vents, cooling the passenger cabin.
AC evaporators do not commonly fail in most vehicles. However, when they do it is generally caused by one of two things, a refrigerant leak or a clog from debris that entered the AC system, usually from a failed AC compressor. If the reason for the failed AC evaporator is a refrigerant leak, replacing the o-rings used to connect the refrigerant lines to the evaporator may solve the problem. If the leak is from one of the evaporator coils or if the coils are clogged, the evaporator must be replaced.
Replacing Your Mercedes AC Evaporator
Most AC evaporators are located behind the dash and have refrigerant lines that run to or through the vehicle's firewall. The dash often has to be removed to remove and replace the AC evaporator. Replacing the AC evaporator also requires the AC system to be evacuated of refrigerant prior to being replaced and the AC system to be placed under vacuum prior to refilling the system with refrigerant to the proper pressure. Replacing the AC evaporator is not a DIY repair without extensive knowledge of automotive AC systems, a vacuum pump, and correct AC manifold gauges for your Mercedes.
View more Mercedes AC Evaporators.
Frequently Viewed Together
We found 10 additional part(s) that are frequently viewed together.
- Also may need 1248208310 pressure switch and 0048206810 temperature...$28.99Reg$30.20List$187.001268300384 OEMAlso need 1409970745 and 1409970845 o-ring seals. Packaging may vary,...$24.89Reg$25.93List$73.00
- Kit includes R134A charging adapters, o-rings and required label....$17.19Reg$17.91List$19.380048206810 OEMPlease verify 9.5mm thread size prior to ordering. 1 per car.$35.99Reg$37.49List$57.00
- 0002302411 OEMFor models originally equipped with R12. 1 per car.$464.99Reg$484.36List$677.27Located at top of heater case, vertical mount. 1 per car.$86.99Reg$90.61List$89.00
- 03227 OEM1 per car.$97.99Reg$102.07List$274.00May also need GM-HC20329 hose clamp. please order separately. 1 per...$11.39Reg$11.86List$12.50
- Also may need 1248208310 pressure switch and 0048206810 temperature...$17.89Reg$18.64List$210.00Lower bushing in "L" bracket. 2 per car.$16.59Reg$17.28List$73.00
Why Buy OEM & Genuine Replacement Auto Parts from AutohausAZ?
Auto parts at wholesale prices is what you will find at AutohausAZ. Have you been searching the web for auto parts for your vehicle? You have come to the right place! Here at Autohaus, we strive to offer low prices on quality replacement parts and providing first rate customer service.
Flat-Rate Standard Shipping
AutohausAZ offers discounted flat-rate Standard shipping on any auto parts orders shipped within the Continental USA.Learn More About Our Shipping
EZ Parts Returns
Your auto parts purchases are protected by AutohausAZ's customer-friendly returns policy.Learn More About Our Returns Policy
3-Years/36-Months Auto Parts Warranty
AutohausAZ offers industry-leading 3-years/36-months warranty on all auto parts purchases.Learn More About Our Warranty
Faster One-Page Checkout
We streamlined our checkout process to get your order on the way faster.Learn More About Our Checkout Process
Discounted International Shipping
AutohausAZ offers 65% discount on UPS shipping options for our international customers.Learn More About Our International Shipping
Customers Love Us
Check out what customers have to say about AutohausAZ on Google.Read Our Reviews on Google
What This Mahle Behr A/C Evaporator Core Fits?
Application information below is for reference only and should not be used to determine the exact vehicle fitment. Please use the "Make Sure It Fits" vehicle selection box above to determine the exact fitment and review any application notes. If you need any help determining if this part works with your vehicle, please don't hesitate to contact us.