Lemfoerder Ball Joint; Front Lower | 1243330327
Make Sure It Fits
- Original equipment Lemfoerder 1072602 replacement front lower outer ball joint with pinch bolt to the steering knuckle
- Mounts front lower wishbone control arm to bottom of the steering knuckle
- (2) per vehicle, left and right
- Pressed into the lower control with a pinch bolt mounting to the bottom of the steering knuckle
- Replaces worn-out ball joints that are causing clunks when turning or going over bumps or ball joints with torn boots expelling grease
- Fits Mercedes 190D 1984-1989, 190E 1984-1993, 260E 1987-1989, 300CE 1988-1993, 300D 1987-1993, 300E 1986-1993, 300SL 1990-1993, 300TD 1987, 300TE 1988-1992, 400E 1992-1993, 500E 1992-1993, 500SL 1990-1993, 560SL 1986-1989, E300 1995, E320 Convertible 1994-1995, E320 Coupe 1994-1995, E420 1994-1995, E500 1994, SL320 1994-1997, and SL500 1994-1998
Ball joints are a type of joint, often used in automotive suspension systems, that allow for smooth forward and backward movement in 365° of direction. Automotive ball joints can be used to connect suspension control arms to steering knuckles to keep wheel alignment as the suspension ungulates while driving. Additionally, ball joints are used to connect sway bars and steering arms to the steering knuckle to limit body roll and to turn the front wheels while the wheels move up and down to match the road.
Other automotive uses for ball joints include:
- transmission shifter linkages
- window lifters
- door locks
- climate control actuator arms
Ball joints are made up of two primary components, a steel ball stud and a steel cup socket. The ball joint cup socket is grease filled for lubrication and a boot is used to cover the ball stub in the joint to prevent grease from escaping and the joint from drying out. Some cup sockets even have a rubber, plastic, or Teflon sleeve at the bottom of the cup for added cushioning of the ball.Signs of Worn Out Ball Joints
Ball joint failure often occurs due to a lack of lubrication. Here are a few signs that could indicate worn out ball joints:
- A clanking or banging noise coming from under your Mercedes
- Loose steering
- Excessive vibration
- Uneven wear on your front tires
View more Mercedes Ball Joints.
Frequently Viewed Together
We found 10 additional part(s) that are frequently viewed together.
- This set includes all eight latest version rear suspension control...$177.99Reg$185.41List$430.00
- 1243300575 OEM2 kits per car.$42.99Reg$44.78List$112.00$30.99Reg$32.28List$134.00
Why Buy OEM & Genuine Replacement Auto Parts from AutohausAZ?
Auto parts at wholesale prices is what you will find at AutohausAZ. Have you been searching the web for auto parts for your vehicle? You have come to the right place! Here at Autohaus, we strive to offer low prices on quality replacement parts and providing first rate customer service.
Flat-Rate Standard Shipping
AutohausAZ offers discounted flat-rate Standard shipping on any auto parts orders shipped within the Continental USA.Learn More About Our Shipping
EZ Parts Returns
Your auto parts purchases are protected by AutohausAZ's customer-friendly returns policy.Learn More About Our Returns Policy
3-Years/36-Months Auto Parts Warranty
AutohausAZ offers industry-leading 3-years/36-months warranty on all auto parts purchases.Learn More About Our Warranty
Faster One-Page Checkout
We streamlined our checkout process to get your order on the way faster.Learn More About Our Checkout Process
Discounted International Shipping
AutohausAZ offers 65% discount on UPS shipping options for our international customers.Learn More About Our International Shipping
Customers Love Us
Check out what customers have to say about AutohausAZ on Google.Read Our Reviews on Google
What This Lemfoerder Ball Joint Fits?
Application information below is for reference only and should not be used to determine the exact vehicle fitment. Please use the "Make Sure It Fits" vehicle selection box above to determine the exact fitment and review any application notes. If you need any help determining if this part works with your vehicle, please don't hesitate to contact us.