Ina Clutch Pilot Bearing; 15 X 24 X 26 | 21207536792
Make Sure It Fits
A pilot bearing is a grease packed and sealed roller ball or needle bearing that supports the input shaft of a manual transmission in the rear end of the crankshaft or flywheel. Pilot bearings allow for speed differences between the crankshaft and transmission input shaft when the clutch is engaged to shift gears. Some vehicles use a pilot bushing in place of a bearing which is a porous metal bushing saturated with oil that performs the same function.
Since the spin of the pilot bearing speeds up and slows down so rapidly when shifting, ball or needle bearings will wear out over time. When this happens the bearing must be replaced for it to function properly.
Symptoms of Faulty or Worn Out Pilot Bearings
An early sign of a failing pilot bearing is a chirp or squeal each time the clutch is engaged or disengaged.
Symptoms of completely failed pilot bearings include:
- The transmission jumping out of gear or not being able to be put in gear
- Severe vibrations coming from the rear of the engine
- No engagement of the clutch
- Catastrophic failure of the engine or transmission (in extreme cases)
Replacing Your BMW Pilot Bearing
The pilot bearing can be removed and replaced by removing the transmission and clutch and using a bearing puller to remove the pilot bearing from the end of the crankshaft or flywheel.
It is recommended to replace the pilot bearing or bushing when the clutch is replaced and a new pilot bearing is often supplied along with the clutch in most clutch kits on the market.
View more BMW Pilot Bearings.
Frequently Viewed Together
We found 10 additional part(s) that are frequently viewed together.
- $4.19Reg$4.36List$8.05For models with manual transmissions. 6 per car.$2.19Reg$2.28List$1.05
- Kit includes rear seal, housing, housing gasket, and mounting bolts....$129.99Reg$135.41List$138.44$6.29Reg$6.55List$8.28
- $5.29Reg$5.51List$5.0821207531556 OEMNot for models with SMG, sequential manual gearbox. The pressure plate...$264.99Reg$276.03List$564.13
- 21207533868 OEMFor models with SMG or 6-speed manual transmission only. 1 per car.$392.99Reg$409.36List$1,339.50For release bearing fork. 1 per car.$6.19Reg$6.45List$5.53
- AC system o-ring seal for various refrigerant line connections, please...$0.99Reg$1.03List$9.75AC system o-ring seal for various refrigerant line connections, please...$0.99Reg$1.03List$11.11
Why Buy OEM & Genuine Replacement Auto Parts from AutohausAZ?
Auto parts at wholesale prices is what you will find at AutohausAZ. Have you been searching the web for auto parts for your vehicle? You have come to the right place! Here at Autohaus, we strive to offer low prices on quality replacement parts and providing first rate customer service.
Flat-Rate Standard Shipping
AutohausAZ offers discounted flat-rate Standard shipping on any auto parts orders shipped within the Continental USA.Learn More About Our Shipping
EZ Parts Returns
Your auto parts purchases are protected by AutohausAZ's customer-friendly returns policy.Learn More About Our Returns Policy
3-Years/36-Months Auto Parts Warranty
AutohausAZ offers industry-leading 3-years/36-months warranty on all auto parts purchases.Learn More About Our Warranty
Faster One-Page Checkout
We streamlined our checkout process to get your order on the way faster.Learn More About Our Checkout Process
Discounted International Shipping
AutohausAZ offers 65% discount on UPS shipping options for our international customers.Learn More About Our International Shipping
Customers Love Us
Check out what customers have to say about AutohausAZ on Google.Read Our Reviews on Google
What This Ina Clutch Pilot Bearing Fits?
Application information below is for reference only and should not be used to determine the exact vehicle fitment. Please use the "Make Sure It Fits" vehicle selection box above to determine the exact fitment and review any application notes. If you need any help determining if this part works with your vehicle, please don't hesitate to contact us.