Febi-Bilstein Driveshaft Flex Disc/Joint; With 6 Bolt Holes for 10mm Bolts | 26111225624
Make Sure It Fits
- Febi-Bilstein 02562 replacement driveshaft flex disc
- 40mm ID x 110mm OD flex disc connects the front of the drive shaft to the transmission output flange and absorbs rotational vibrations created by the driveshaft on BMW E21 chassis 3 Series, E30 chassis 3 Series, E36 chassis 3 Series and Z3, and E28 chassis 5 Series models
- (1) per vehicle
- Located between the transmission and driveshaft above the exhaust
- Replaces cracked flex discs that can tear causing the transmission and driveshaft to disconnect preventing the vehicle from driving
- Fits BMW 318i 1984-1985 and 1991, 318i Convertible 1992, 318i Sedan with automatic transmissions 1992-1998, 318is 1991, 318is with automatic transmissions 1992-1997, 318is with manual transmissions 1992-08/1992, 318ti with automatic transmissions 1995-1999, 320i with automatic transmissions 1977-1979, 320i 1980-1983, 325 1986-04/1986, 325e 1984-04/1986, 325es 1986-04/1986, 325i with automatic transmissions 1987-1991, 325i Convertible 1992-1993, 325is 1987-1991, 325iX with automatic transmissions 1988-1991, 524td 1985-1986, 528e with automatic transmissions and original driveshaft 12/1983-1988, 528e with manual transmissions 09/1983-1986, and Z3 1.9L L4 with automatic transmissions 1996-1998
The flex disc (giubo) joint used on automobiles is a flexible rubber coupling used to connect a rotating shaft to another rotating shaft or drive flange to allow for angular misalignment and reduced vibration. Most vehicles that use flex discs use them in place of universal joints that create vibration to connect the transmission output flange to the rear driveshaft and from the drive shaft to the rear differential. Some vehicles also use flex discs to connect the transfer case of all wheel drive and front wheel drive vehicles to the front drive shaft and front differential. A flex disc can sometimes be used to connect two sections of a drive shaft as well as two sections of a steering shaft to allow for angle declination between the two shafts.
Because the flex disc is made up of rubber, time and the stress of transferring power from a rotating force will cause the rubber to deteriorate and the flex disc to crack or separate. When this happens, it creates a delay in the transfer of power and in severe cases, can cause the joints to come apart and the connection created by the flex disc to sever.Replacing Your BMW Flex Disc
Replacement of a flex disc is usually very simple. It requires unbolting the flex disc from both the flange and drive shaft, or from both driver shafts, and bolting in a new flex disc. Some drive shafts are balanced and require realignment of the driver shaft to alignment marks prior to bolting on the new flex disc to ensure proper driveshaft balance.
View more BMW Flex Discs.
Frequently Viewed Together
We found 10 additional part(s) that are frequently viewed together.
Why Buy OEM & Genuine Replacement Auto Parts from AutohausAZ?
Auto parts at wholesale prices is what you will find at AutohausAZ. Have you been searching the web for auto parts for your vehicle? You have come to the right place! Here at Autohaus, we strive to offer low prices on quality replacement parts and providing first rate customer service.
Flat-Rate Standard Shipping
AutohausAZ offers discounted flat-rate Standard shipping on any auto parts orders shipped within the Continental USA.Learn More About Our Shipping
EZ Parts Returns
Your auto parts purchases are protected by AutohausAZ's customer-friendly returns policy.Learn More About Our Returns Policy
3-Years/36-Months Auto Parts Warranty
AutohausAZ offers industry-leading 3-years/36-months warranty on all auto parts purchases.Learn More About Our Warranty
Faster One-Page Checkout
We streamlined our checkout process to get your order on the way faster.Learn More About Our Checkout Process
Discounted International Shipping
AutohausAZ offers 65% discount on UPS shipping options for our international customers.Learn More About Our International Shipping
Customers Love Us
Check out what customers have to say about AutohausAZ on Google.Read Our Reviews on Google
What This Febi-Bilstein Driveshaft Flex Disc/Joint Fits?
Application information below is for reference only and should not be used to determine the exact vehicle fitment. Please use the "Make Sure It Fits" vehicle selection box above to determine the exact fitment and review any application notes. If you need any help determining if this part works with your vehicle, please don't hesitate to contact us.