Brembo Disc Brake Rotor | 31471752
Make Sure It Fits
Brake discs or brake rotors are discs made of iron, steel, ceramic, or carbon fiber with a cylinder hub/hat and drilled plate that attach to the lugs around a wheel hub and are used to slow the wheel to a stop. Brake discs function by having brake pads clamped to either side of the disc to create friction and slow the wheel. Brake discs are also used in the function of the parking brake to hold the wheels still when parked.
The friction created to slow the wheel creates a lot of heat that, overtime, can warp the brake discs and glaze the faces of the discs contacted by the brake pads. This results in the pads being unable to grip the brake discs as well as they should and increasing the time it takes for the wheels of your Volvo to slow to a stop.
Replacing Your Volvo Brake Discs
Sometimes the faces of the brake discs can be resurfaced for them to adequately slow the wheel. However, resurfacing a brake disc thins the face, leaving it susceptible to warping quickly. It is always recommended to replace warped brake discs or brake discs with glazed faces to ensure the quickest and safest stop possible.
Brake discs should always be replaced along with new brake pads. When replacing brake discs and pads there is a bedding process to properly mate the new brake pads to the brake discs faces.
- Accelerate to 35mph and use moderate brake pedal pressure to slow your Volvo to 5mph, repeating this process up to three times.
- Next, accelerate to 55mph and use strong brake pedal pressure to slow your Volvo to 5mph without engaging the anti-lock brakes, repeating this process up to five times.
- Lastly, drive slowly for five to ten minutes using light brake pedal pressure when coming to stops to allow the brakes to slowly cool down before parking the vehicle for about an hour to let the brakes completely cool.
View more Volvo Brake Discs.
Frequently Viewed Together
We found 10 additional part(s) that are frequently viewed together.
- $87.99Reg$91.66List$209.06Sold individually. Need 2 per car.$190.99Reg$198.95List$209.06
- $17.89Reg$18.64List$55.6718" Brakes - Vented (345 X 30 mm)$66.99Reg$69.78List$209.06
- $15.79Reg$16.45List$55.6718" Brakes - Vented (345 X 30 mm)$77.99Reg$81.24List$209.06
Why Buy OEM & Genuine Replacement Auto Parts from AutohausAZ?
Auto parts at wholesale prices is what you will find at AutohausAZ. Have you been searching the web for auto parts for your vehicle? You have come to the right place! Here at Autohaus, we strive to offer low prices on quality replacement parts and providing first rate customer service.
Flat-Rate Standard Shipping
AutohausAZ offers discounted flat-rate Standard shipping on any auto parts orders shipped within the Continental USA.Learn More About Our Shipping
EZ Parts Returns
Your auto parts purchases are protected by AutohausAZ's customer-friendly returns policy.Learn More About Our Returns Policy
3-Years/36-Months Auto Parts Warranty
AutohausAZ offers industry-leading 3-years/36-months warranty on all auto parts purchases.Learn More About Our Warranty
Faster One-Page Checkout
We streamlined our checkout process to get your order on the way faster.Learn More About Our Checkout Process
Discounted International Shipping
AutohausAZ offers 65% discount on UPS shipping options for our international customers.Learn More About Our International Shipping
Customers Love Us
Check out what customers have to say about AutohausAZ on Google.Read Our Reviews on Google
What This Brembo Disc Brake Rotor Fits?
Application information below is for reference only and should not be used to determine the exact vehicle fitment. Please use the "Make Sure It Fits" vehicle selection box above to determine the exact fitment and review any application notes. If you need any help determining if this part works with your vehicle, please don't hesitate to contact us.