BMW 325 Starter Parts
Showing 2 out of 2 part(s) found in our catalog.
Mon-Fri 8-4 MST/PST (Arizona Time)
Based on industry averages you can expect to pay between $134.99 and $150.99 for a BMW 325 starter.
The BMW 325 starter is an electric motor that is used to turn the engine over and start the car's combustion process. It's essentially the component that gets the engine running when you turn the key or press the push-button start in modern vehicles. The starter is typically located on the bottom of the engine and connected to the flywheel, which turns the crankshaft to start the engine's movement.
Signs of a Faulty BMW 325 Starter
Some common signs of a faulty BMW 325 starter are:
- Engine Cranking Slowly: If the engine is cranking slowly or taking more time than usual to start, it may be a sign that the starter motor is not functioning properly.
- Grinding Noise: A grinding noise when you turn the key in the ignition is another sign of a failing starter. This could be due to worn gears inside the starter or a damaged flywheel.
- Clicking Sound: If you hear a clicking sound when you turn the key, it could be an indication that there's not enough power getting to the starter solenoid or a bad connection to the starter motor.
- Starter Motor Doesn't Run: If the starter motor doesn't turn when you turn the key, it could be a problem with the starter motor itself or with the electrical connections.
- Smoke: If you see smoke coming from the starter or smell burning electrical components, it could be a sign that the starter is overheating and needs to be replaced.
- Warning Light: If the starter warning light illuminates on the dashboard, it means that the vehicle is having trouble starting and needs to be serviced.
Steps for Testing Your BMW 325 Starter
Here are the steps for testing a BMW 325 Starter:
- Check the battery voltage: If the battery is low, it may not have enough power to turn the starter motor and start the engine. Use a voltmeter to check the battery's voltage. If it's below 12 volts, recharge or replace the battery.
- Inspect the wiring: Check all the wires that connect to the starter motor. Make sure they are connected securely and that there are no signs of damage or corrosion. Any loose connections or damaged wires can prevent the starter from working properly.
- Test the solenoid: The solenoid is a small device attached to the starter motor. It engages the starter gear with the engine flywheel when you turn the key. Use a multimeter to test the solenoid. Connect the meter to the positive and negative terminals on the solenoid. When you turn the key, you should see the meter read a voltage of around 12 volts. If there is no voltage, the solenoid may be faulty and needs replacement.
- Test the starter motor: To test the starter motor, disconnect the battery and use jumper cables to connect the starter directly to the battery. This can be dangerous, so be careful not to touch exposed metal surfaces. Turn the key to start the car. If the starter motor turns over and the engine starts, it means the starter is working correctly. If the starter fails to turn over, the starter motor may be defective and needs replacement.
- Check the teeth of the starter gear: With the starter motor removed, inspect the teeth on the starter gear. Look for any chips, cracks or wear that could cause the starter motor to fail. If you find any damage, replace the starter motor or gear.
- Check the flywheel teeth: With the starter motor removed, check the teeth on the flywheel for any signs of damage or wear. If the teeth are damaged, the flywheel may need to be replaced.
Overall, it is important to test the entire starter system to ensure that everything is working properly and that the starter motor is not being overloaded due to other system faults like a clogged air filter or a bad alternator.
Buying a BMW 325 Starter Online
At AutohausAZ, we understand the importance of having your BMW 325 starter functioning at its best. That's why we offer a wide selection of quality starters for your vehicle at affordable prices. Our team of experts is dedicated to providing customers with the best possible service and support when making their purchase.
One advantage of shopping at AutohausAZ is our commitment to sourcing high-quality parts from trusted manufacturers. We carefully select products that meet rigorous standards to ensure that our customers receive reliable and top-performing starters that will last for years to come.
We also offer a convenient online shopping experience that allows you to quickly and easily find the right starter for your BMW 325 without leaving your home. Plus, our website is user-friendly, making it easy to navigate and find exactly what you need.
When you shop with us, you can have peace of mind knowing that we stand behind our products and offer a hassle-free return policy if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase. Additionally, our team of knowledgeable customer service representatives is always available to answer any questions you may have and provide you with expert advice.
In conclusion, shopping at AutohausAZ for your BMW 325 starter has many advantages, including high-quality products, a user-friendly website, hassle-free returns, and expert customer service.