BMW 524TD Timing Belt Parts
Showing 1 out of 1 part(s) found in our catalog.
Mon-Fri 8-4 MST/PST (Arizona Time)
The average price of a BMW 524TD timing belt is between $39.99 and $39.99.
The BMW 524TD is equipped with a timing belt, which is responsible for synchronizing the rotation of the crankshaft and camshaft. The timing belt is made of rubber and reinforced with cords or fibers, and it has teeth on one side that mesh with teeth on the camshaft and crankshaft sprockets.
The timing belt in a BMW 524TD typically lasts between 60,000 and 90,000 miles, or about 6 to 9 years. However, the lifespan of the timing belt can vary depending on factors such as driving conditions, maintenance habits, and the quality of the belt itself.
If the timing belt in a BMW 524TD fails, it can cause catastrophic engine damage, so it's important to have it inspected and replaced at the recommended intervals. It's also advisable to replace other components such as the water pump, tensioner, and idler pulleys at the same time, as these parts can wear out and cause the timing belt to fail prematurely.
Signs of a Worn BMW 524TD Timing Belt
- Engine Misfires: A worn timing belt can cause the engine to misfire or run inconsistently, which can result in a rough idle or stalling.
- Ticking or Rattling Sounds: A worn timing belt may cause a ticking or rattling sound to occur when the engine is running.
- Oil Leaks: If the timing belt is worn, it can cause oil leaks to occur from the engine, as the timing belt helps to keep oil pressure regulated.
- Engine Vibration: Worn timing belts can lead to increased engine vibration, which can result in a rough ride.
- Reduced Engine Performance: A worn timing belt can also reduce engine performance, resulting in decreased acceleration, power loss, and reduced fuel economy.
It's important to have the timing belt inspected regularly and replaced according to the manufacturer's recommendations to avoid potential engine damage.
Replacing the Timing Belt on Your BMW 524TD
- Disconnect the negative battery cable and remove any components blocking access to the timing belt cover.
- Use a wrench or socket to loosen the tensioner and remove the old timing belt from the pulleys.
- Check the timing marks on the camshaft and crankshaft sprockets to ensure they are correctly aligned.
- Install the new timing belt over the sprockets, making sure it is tight and properly aligned.
- Tighten the tensioner to apply the correct amount of tension to the timing belt.
- Reinstall all the components that were removed earlier and reconnect the battery cable.
- Start the engine and check for any abnormal noises or vibrations.
It's important to reference your BMW 524TD's specific service manual for detailed instructions and torque specifications tailored to your vehicle's make, model, and year. Additionally, if you're not comfortable performing this repair yourself, it's best to entrust a professional mechanic with the job.
Popular BMW 524TD Timing Belt Manufacturers
Bilstein, ContiTech, Gates, INA
1) Febi Bilstein: Febi Bilstein is a German manufacturer of automotive parts, including timing belts. Their timing belts are designed to meet OEM specifications and are made from high-quality materials. Febi Bilstein timing belts are known for their durability and reliability, making them a popular choice for BMW 524TD owners.
2) ContiTech: ContiTech is a leading manufacturer of rubber products, including timing belts. Their timing belts are made from high-quality materials and are designed to provide long-lasting performance. ContiTech timing belts are known for their reliability and are often used by BMW 524TD owners who want a high-quality, OEM-spec replacement.
3) Gates: Gates is another top manufacturer of aftermarket timing belts. Their timing belts are engineered to meet or exceed OEM specifications and are made from high-quality materials. Gates timing belts are known for their reliability and durability, making them a popular choice among BMW 524TD owners.
4) INA: INA is a German manufacturer of automotive parts, including timing belts. Their timing belts are made from high-quality materials and are designed to provide long-lasting performance. INA timing belts are known for their reliability and are often used by BMW 524TD owners as a high-quality, OEM-spec replacement.
Buying a BMW 524TD Timing Belt Online
At AutohausAZ, our customers can enjoy several benefits while shopping for a BMW 524TD timing belt. Firstly, we offer a wide selection of high-quality timing belts that are specifically designed for the BMW 524TD model. Our products are sourced directly from top manufacturers in the industry, ensuring their quality and durability.
Moreover, our website is user-friendly and easy to navigate, making it simple for customers to find and purchase the timing belt they need. We also provide detailed product descriptions and specifications, along with customer reviews, to help our clients make an informed purchasing decision.
Another advantage of shopping at AutohausAZ is our competitive pricing. We offer our products at affordable prices, without compromising on quality. Customers can save money while still getting the best product for their BMW 524TD.
Furthermore, our fast and reliable shipping ensures that customers receive their timing belts in a timely manner. We prioritize customer satisfaction, and as such, we strive to deliver our products as quickly as possible.
In addition to these benefits, AutohausAZ has a knowledgeable and friendly customer service team that is always ready to assist customers with any questions or concerns they may have. We are committed to providing excellent customer service and ensuring that our customers have a positive shopping experience.
Overall, by choosing AutohausAZ for their BMW 524TD timing belt needs, customers can expect a wide selection of high-quality products, competitive pricing, fast and reliable shipping, and excellent customer service.