Bosch Idle Air/Speed Control Valve | 0280140516
Make Sure It Fits
- Original equipment Bosch idle control valve replacement for Volvo part number 1389618
- Supplies air bypass for closed engine throttle during engine idle on Volvo B230F and B230FT 2.3L engines
- (1) per vehicle
- Replaces failed idle control valves with stuck open valves that are causing the engine to race or stuck closed valves that are causing the engine to stall
- Fits Volvo 240 1990-1993, 244 1989, 245 1989, 740 non-turbo with Bosch fuel injection 1990-1992, 740 GL with Bosch fuel injection system 1989-1990, 760 1990, 780 2.3L 1990-1991, 940 with Bosch fuel injection system 1991-1995, 940 GL with Bosch fuel injection system 1992, and 940 T 1992-1995
Idle control valves used on automotive engines are electronic solenoids with plungers or electric stepper motors with butterfly valves that open when the engine is at idle to allow air to bypass the closed throttle valve for the engine to continue running. They are connected between the fresh air intake hose and the intake manifold using rubber vacuum hoses.
Idle control valves can fail in one of three ways:
- They can fail with the valve fully closed, preventing air from bypassing the closed throttle valve.
- They can fail with the valve fully open allowing air to bypass the throttle valve when open.
- And they can fail partially open/closed allowing some air to bypass the throttle valve both when open and closed.
- Engine stalling at idle
- Engine racing or surging at idle
- Engine racing or surging while driving
- Loss of engine performance
- Check engine light indicating a lean running engine
Replacing Your Vehicle’s Idle Control Valve
Replacing the idle control valve can usually be performed by locating the idle control valve, disconnecting the electrical connector and hoses, then detaching it from its mount. Some idle control valves are located below engine covers or the air cleaner and may be difficult to locate and access.
View more Bosch Idle Control Valves.
Frequently Viewed Together
We found 1 additional part(s) that are frequently viewed together.
Why Buy OEM & Genuine Replacement Auto Parts from AutohausAZ?
Auto parts at wholesale prices is what you will find at AutohausAZ. Have you been searching the web for auto parts for your vehicle? You have come to the right place! Here at Autohaus, we strive to offer low prices on quality replacement parts and providing first rate customer service.
Flat-Rate Standard Shipping
AutohausAZ offers discounted flat-rate Standard shipping on any auto parts orders shipped within the Continental USA.Learn More About Our Shipping
EZ Parts Returns
Your auto parts purchases are protected by AutohausAZ's customer-friendly returns policy.Learn More About Our Returns Policy
3-Years/36-Months Auto Parts Warranty
AutohausAZ offers industry-leading 3-years/36-months warranty on all auto parts purchases.Learn More About Our Warranty
Faster One-Page Checkout
We streamlined our checkout process to get your order on the way faster.Learn More About Our Checkout Process
Discounted International Shipping
AutohausAZ offers 65% discount on UPS shipping options for our international customers.Learn More About Our International Shipping
Customers Love Us
Check out what customers have to say about AutohausAZ on Google.Read Our Reviews on Google
What This Bosch Idle Air/Speed Control Valve Fits?
Application information below is for reference only and should not be used to determine the exact vehicle fitment. Please use the "Make Sure It Fits" vehicle selection box above to determine the exact fitment and review any application notes. If you need any help determining if this part works with your vehicle, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Excluding Regina Systems