Graf Water Pump; Complete with Housing; 30mm Hub | 037121010A
Make Sure It Fits
- Original equipment Graf PA579 replacement water pump with housing
- Circulates engine coolant throughout the engine, cooling system, and HVAC heating system to maintain an optimal engine temperature and warm the passenger compartment
- (1) per vehicle
- Upgraded metal impellers provide a longer pump life over pumps with plastic composite impellers
- Replaces failed water pumps with worn or seized bearings or with broken impellers that prevent the engine coolant from being circulated
- Located on the left of the engine block and turned by the serpentine belt on Volkswagen L4 engines
- Fits Volkswagen Cabrio 1995-2002, Cabriolet 1985-1993, Corrado 1990-1991, Golf 1989-1999, Jetta 1989-1999, and Passat 1990-1997
The engine water pump on your vehicle circulates a mixture of water and engine coolant throughout the engine to maintain an optimal operating temperature. When the engine exceeds its optimal operating temperature, the engine water pump pumps the water and coolant mixture into the radiator to bring down the engine temperature.
If the engine water pump fails on your vehicle, the water and coolant mixture will not be able to circulate through the engine to maintain optimal temperature. In some cases the pump can leak, allowing the water and coolant mixture to drip or pour from the engine allowing the engine to quickly overheat. On newer vehicles with electric engine water pumps, a failed pump can cause the vehicle to enter limp home mode, only allowing the vehicle to reach a maximum speed of 25 MPH to prevent the engine from overheating.
Signs of a Faulty Water Pump
- Coolant leaking under your vehicle
- Engine overheating
- Whining or grinding noises from your engine
- Check engine light on with a water pump fault
Replacing Your Vehicle’s Water Pump
Generally water pumps are only replaced when they fail. However, due to how difficult it is to access some water pumps, to prevent failure it is recommended to replace timing belt driven water pumps during the replacement of the timing belt and timing chain.
Replacing your water pump can be very extensive depending on where it is mounted on the engine. Due to this, it is recommended to replace any connecting hoses, the thermostat, timing belt and tensioner if applicable, timing chain with guides and tensioner if applicable, as well as any other seals or hoses that need to be removed to access the water pump.
View more Graf Water Pumps.
Frequently Viewed Together
We found 10 additional part(s) that are frequently viewed together.
- As with any cooling system part, proper installation torque is crucial...$36.99Reg$38.53List$171.67
- $30.99Reg$32.28List$44.37056121113D OEM1 per car.$16.59Reg$17.28List$40.80
- 026198025C OEMReplacement version 1 piece rubber gasket with new studs, please note...$13.99Reg$14.57List$48.42
Why Buy OEM & Genuine Replacement Auto Parts from AutohausAZ?
Auto parts at wholesale prices is what you will find at AutohausAZ. Have you been searching the web for auto parts for your vehicle? You have come to the right place! Here at Autohaus, we strive to offer low prices on quality replacement parts and providing first rate customer service.
Flat-Rate Standard Shipping
AutohausAZ offers discounted flat-rate Standard shipping on any auto parts orders shipped within the Continental USA.Learn More About Our Shipping
EZ Parts Returns
Your auto parts purchases are protected by AutohausAZ's customer-friendly returns policy.Learn More About Our Returns Policy
3-Years/36-Months Auto Parts Warranty
AutohausAZ offers industry-leading 3-years/36-months warranty on all auto parts purchases.Learn More About Our Warranty
Faster One-Page Checkout
We streamlined our checkout process to get your order on the way faster.Learn More About Our Checkout Process
Discounted International Shipping
AutohausAZ offers 65% discount on UPS shipping options for our international customers.Learn More About Our International Shipping
Customers Love Us
Check out what customers have to say about AutohausAZ on Google.Read Our Reviews on Google
What This Graf Water Pump Fits?
Application information below is for reference only and should not be used to determine the exact vehicle fitment. Please use the "Make Sure It Fits" vehicle selection box above to determine the exact fitment and review any application notes. If you need any help determining if this part works with your vehicle, please don't hesitate to contact us.