VDO Mass Air Flow Sensor | 13621432356
Make Sure It Fits
The mass air flow sensor in your BMW measures the volume and density of air entering the engine. The vehicle’s engine control module uses this measurement to determine the fuel needed to optimize combustion, engine power, and fuel economy.
Mass air flow sensors fail when they can no longer accurately measure the amount of air entering the engine. Dirty air entering the engine from a poor quality or clogged air filter or oil-contaminated air from a failed PCV valve can interfere with the mass air flow sensor’s ability to measure air. When this happens, the engine control module provides too much or too little fuel, causing excessively rich or lean engine running conditions that make the engine run rough, stall, and not start. If the engine control module determines the mass air flow sensor is faulty, it will turn on the check engine light and provide fuel to the engine based on a predetermined program to limit performance.
Faulty mass air flow sensors should always be replaced to restore engine performance and fuel economy. Unfortunately, mass air flow sensor cleaners often only restore mass air flow function temporarily. The solvent used to clean away dirt and debris from the sensor can erode sensor insulation, causing the sensor to short out shortly after use.
View more BMW Mass Air Flow Sensors.
Frequently Viewed Together
We found 10 additional part(s) that are frequently viewed together.
- $100.99Reg$105.20List$490.24Used for fan shroud, auxiliary fan housing and some interior trim...$0.99Reg$1.03List$0.77
- $46.99Reg$48.95List$113.31M54CCVSTDKIT KIT FREE SHIPPINGKit contains all of the commonly replaced CCV system parts that need...$119.32Reg$124.29List$396.01
- $13.79Reg$14.36List$17.32M5254AIRINKIT KIT FREE SHIPPINGThis kit contains the commonly replaced Genuine BMW intake air boots...$78.52Reg$81.79List$92.06
- Clear static cling material with writable surface for date, mileage...$10.39Reg$10.82List$2.6311530139877 OEMThis Behr unit has a revised plug location from original but is functionally...$46.99Reg$48.95List$135.38
- $101.97Reg$106.22List$180.1317117506601 OEMThis sensor will be latest version, 17137553919, per manufacturer....$14.59Reg$15.20List$32.33
Why Buy OEM & Genuine Replacement Auto Parts from AutohausAZ?
Auto parts at wholesale prices is what you will find at AutohausAZ. Have you been searching the web for auto parts for your vehicle? You have come to the right place! Here at Autohaus, we strive to offer low prices on quality replacement parts and providing first rate customer service.
Flat-Rate Standard Shipping
AutohausAZ offers discounted flat-rate Standard shipping on any auto parts orders shipped within the Continental USA.Learn More About Our Shipping
EZ Parts Returns
Your auto parts purchases are protected by AutohausAZ's customer-friendly returns policy.Learn More About Our Returns Policy
3-Years/36-Months Auto Parts Warranty
AutohausAZ offers industry-leading 3-years/36-months warranty on all auto parts purchases.Learn More About Our Warranty
Faster One-Page Checkout
We streamlined our checkout process to get your order on the way faster.Learn More About Our Checkout Process
Discounted International Shipping
AutohausAZ offers 65% discount on UPS shipping options for our international customers.Learn More About Our International Shipping
Customers Love Us
Check out what customers have to say about AutohausAZ on Google.Read Our Reviews on Google
What This VDO Mass Air Flow Sensor Fits?
Application information below is for reference only and should not be used to determine the exact vehicle fitment. Please use the "Make Sure It Fits" vehicle selection box above to determine the exact fitment and review any application notes. If you need any help determining if this part works with your vehicle, please don't hesitate to contact us.