Denso Spark Plug | K22PRU
Make Sure It Fits
Spark plugs provide the spark needed to ignite the air/fuel mixture in each cylinder for engine combustion. High voltage from the ignition coil is transferred through the spark plug to an air gap between the spark plug tip and the spark plug ground to the engine. Once the voltage reaches the air gap, the voltage jumps the gap in the form of a spark, igniting a compressed air fuel charge inside the cylinder. The air fuel charge explodes, creating the force needed to push the cylinder down and turning the engine crankshaft to propel the engine. In short, spark plugs serve a vital function in keeping your vehicle running properly.Components of a Spark Plug
- A metal terminal that connects to the ignition system
- A center electrode for current to flow through the spark plug with a tip for the current to jump making the spark
- A ribbed ceramic insulator to keep current flowing through the spark plug center electrode and not into other parts of the engine
- A threaded metal case to anchor the spark plug into the cylinder head with a ground electrode for the spark to jump to
- A seal to seal the spark plug case to the cylinder head to prevent cylinder compression from escaping
The biggest differences in spark plug construction are the materials used for the electrodes, their conductivity, and their wearability.
- Copper is the base material for the center electrode on most spark plugs as it provides superb conductivity. These tend to wear quickly from the electrical transfer created by the spark and fully copper spark plugs need to be replaced every 15,000 miles.
- Copper core spark plugs with yttrium or nickel tipped electrodes and grounds take longer to wear and can last up to 30,000 miles.
- Platinum tipped copper core electrodes wear even less, provide superior conductivity, and can last up to 60,000 miles.
- Iridium tipped copper core spark plugs wear the least and can last over 100,000 miles.
When a spark plug fails prematurely it will provide a weak spark or no spark at all. Causes of premature spark plug failure can include oil leaking from the valve cover into the spark plug chamber, your engine running too lean and overheating the spark plug, and your engine running too rich and fuel fouling the plug.
Most engines are designed to run on only one type of spark plug based on its use. Be sure to check your owner’s manual for the right type of spark plug needed for your vehicle.
View more Denso Spark Plugs.
Why Buy OEM & Genuine Replacement Auto Parts from AutohausAZ?
Auto parts at wholesale prices is what you will find at AutohausAZ. Have you been searching the web for auto parts for your vehicle? You have come to the right place! Here at Autohaus, we strive to offer low prices on quality replacement parts and providing first rate customer service.
Flat-Rate Standard Shipping
AutohausAZ offers discounted flat-rate Standard shipping on any auto parts orders shipped within the Continental USA.Learn More About Our Shipping
EZ Parts Returns
Your auto parts purchases are protected by AutohausAZ's customer-friendly returns policy.Learn More About Our Returns Policy
3-Years/36-Months Auto Parts Warranty
AutohausAZ offers industry-leading 3-years/36-months warranty on all auto parts purchases.Learn More About Our Warranty
Faster One-Page Checkout
We streamlined our checkout process to get your order on the way faster.Learn More About Our Checkout Process
Discounted International Shipping
AutohausAZ offers 65% discount on UPS shipping options for our international customers.Learn More About Our International Shipping
Customers Love Us
Check out what customers have to say about AutohausAZ on Google.Read Our Reviews on Google
What This Denso Spark Plug Fits?
Application information below is for reference only and should not be used to determine the exact vehicle fitment. Please use the "Make Sure It Fits" vehicle selection box above to determine the exact fitment and review any application notes. If you need any help determining if this part works with your vehicle, please don't hesitate to contact us.