Genuine Mercedes Starter | 004151790180
Make Sure It Fits
A starter is an electric motor mounted on the rear of an internal combustion engine that is used to turn the engine allowing it to start and run under its own power. To start the engine, the starter must be capable of producing up to 200 ft-lbs of torque and requires a fully charged battery to power it.
Starters fail when the solenoid can no longer engage the drive gear to the engine’s ring gear or when the starter motor will not turn over. Starters often fail without warning but give a few tells when they are about to stop working. If, when attempting to start your Mercedes, the engine turns over and stops, but on the next attempt starts the engine, the starter motor is likely to fail. If when starting the engine, the engine starts and the starter drive gear does not disengage the ring gear, and the starter sounds like it is continuing to run, the starter solenoid is getting stuck and is likely to fail. Oil leaking onto the starter and corroded cable connections can cause the starter solenoid and motor to short out.
Important Note: A weak battery, loose battery cables, corroded battery terminals, and frayed or broken ground straps can mimic a failed starter and should be thoroughly inspected before replacing a suspected failed starter.
View more Mercedes Starters.
Frequently Viewed Together
We found 10 additional part(s) that are frequently viewed together.
- Please verify appearance of existing vacuum hose connections prior...$56.99Reg$59.36List$32.506172001815 OEMLatest kits now include both type seal orings, early and late versions....$16.59Reg$17.28List$34.50
- Primarily used for vacuum line and fuel return lines. Sold per meter.$7.29Reg$7.59List$17.006170160180 OEM1 per car.$10.29Reg$10.72List$23.50
- 1 per car.$135.99Reg$141.66List$172.000015407097 OEMMultiple use relay for EGR, fast idle, transmission control, shift-point,...$53.99Reg$56.24List$120.00
- 0059971646 OEM2 per car.$5.19Reg$5.41List$10.50$19.69Reg$20.51List$16.50
- 1170780281 OEMPlease verify appearance of existing hose prior to ordering.$3.19Reg$3.32List$3.70Genuine Mercedes Vacuum Connector; Vacuum Line Stepped Connector; 40mm Length - 3mm ID (Small End) - 5mm ID (Large End)Please verify appearance and connection size on existing unit prior...$2.19Reg$2.28List$2.00
Why Buy OEM & Genuine Replacement Auto Parts from AutohausAZ?
Auto parts at wholesale prices is what you will find at AutohausAZ. Have you been searching the web for auto parts for your vehicle? You have come to the right place! Here at Autohaus, we strive to offer low prices on quality replacement parts and providing first rate customer service.
Flat-Rate Standard Shipping
AutohausAZ offers discounted flat-rate Standard shipping on any auto parts orders shipped within the Continental USA.Learn More About Our Shipping
EZ Parts Returns
Your auto parts purchases are protected by AutohausAZ's customer-friendly returns policy.Learn More About Our Returns Policy
3-Years/36-Months Auto Parts Warranty
AutohausAZ offers industry-leading 3-years/36-months warranty on all auto parts purchases.Learn More About Our Warranty
Faster One-Page Checkout
We streamlined our checkout process to get your order on the way faster.Learn More About Our Checkout Process
Discounted International Shipping
AutohausAZ offers 65% discount on UPS shipping options for our international customers.Learn More About Our International Shipping
Customers Love Us
Check out what customers have to say about AutohausAZ on Google.Read Our Reviews on Google
What This Genuine Mercedes Starter Fits?
Application information below is for reference only and should not be used to determine the exact vehicle fitment. Please use the "Make Sure It Fits" vehicle selection box above to determine the exact fitment and review any application notes. If you need any help determining if this part works with your vehicle, please don't hesitate to contact us.